Labadee Cabanas for suite guests

eleang

Hello ! Need help, we are trying to book a cabana in Labadee private beach for suite guests, we tried Beach Cabanas and are sold out, we are traveling with our 5 yr old who loves to play in the sand and we have to keep an eye on him.. those of you that have been there which cabana type do you recommend Standard or On the Water ? Are the standard ones on the sand?

Thank you !!!! We are sailing this Friday !!!

Hello ! Need help, we are trying to book a cabana in Labadee private beach for suite guests, we tried Beach Cabanas and are sold out, we are traveling with our 5 yr old who loves to play in the sand and we have to keep an eye on him.. those of you that have been there which cabana type do you recommend Standard or On the Water ? Are the standard ones on the sand?

Thank you !!!! We are sailing this Friday !!!

1. they are typically not available on line for booking, in the past I have emailed the conceirge and they have handled the arrangements.

As for the type? The over the water ones are great but they have gone up tremendously in price. Personally they are not worth the current price, but I very much enjoyed it when It was $300.00

I was just in labadee back in november. There was five of us in our group. We chose not to get a cabana. Honestly, The suite beach is not that crowded, moving forward, I would just pay the suite check in guy 10 bucks to grab a few chairs near the water and do it that way. The last two times I was there, it was very mellow....

Just my opinion based on my experience, but everyone wants something different. The cabanas that are not over the water are set back closer to the suites beach entrance and further from the water.

Thank you for your replies, the Beach ones are sold out, the concierge just wrote to me... I have to rent a cabana as my son and mother in law are not suite guests I am hoping that will be my opportunity to have them with us in the private beach. I guess going for your recommendations standard cabanas will be our best bet so he can play in the sand while we rest and read and we'll take him to the water when is time to swim :)> or snorkle (hoping water is warm! )

:)

Thank you for your replies, the Beach ones are sold out, the concierge just wrote to me... I have to rent a cabana as my son and mother in law are not suite guests I am hoping that will be my opportunity to have them with us in the private beach. I guess going for your recommendations standard cabanas will be our best bet so he can play in the sand while we rest and read and we'll take him to the water when is time to swim :)> or snorkle (hoping water is warm! )

:)

It sounds to me like the Beach or Standard is what you're looking for. Since the Beach are sold out, I would go for something like Standard #9 as it is the closest standard to the beach. I would avoid the hilltop as it would not be close enough to the beach to watch your son and remain close to the cabana...plus some of those hilltop cabanas require quite a bit of climbing and depending upon your MIL's ability to climb stairs, could be an accessibility issue. I think the standard cabana would be fine...and much cheaper !

BTW, there are only 2 Breachfront cabanas so those go quickly.

We were in Labadee 2 days ago and love the cabanas for the same reason - we travel with non-suite guests but they have access to Barefoot Beach when we rent the cabana. It really makes it worth it. We do over the water but I would not recommend that with kids. The standard ones are set back a little but spread out around the beach.

Just an FYI about the reservation policy. These can only be booked with the concierge-not on line. But since they rolled out the new Royal suite program they hold back the water and beach cabanas for Star class to reserve first. Only after they have all been contacted do they release any extras - 7 days prior to sailing. So there is no reason to reach out to the concierge prior to receiving the welcome email which is usually about the 7 day mark. Wiith only 2 beach cabanas it seems unlikely that anyone other than Star will get one. We didn't have any issues with water ones since there are 6 of them.

We have sailed twice with young grandchildren and booked cabanas on BB. I can't recall the cabana numbers but we had two booked each time just inside the entrance gate and the first two to the left.

They are close to the rest rooms, which are outside the gate and across the walkway, bar, and buffet. We are going again on the Oasis in October and will book the same one again if we can.

We rented a beach front back in October that pretty much turned into an over the water. The standards aren't far from the water so it should suit your needs. If there is anyone in your party that's physically challenged or very young then an over the water probably isn't ideal anyway.

Edited by Big_G

Thank you all for the great info! I wrote back to our concierge last night and asked him to choose the SC from the ones available that he believes is best. Let's see what he picks [emoji849].. bags are ready, we should be heading to port in less than 2 hours ... can't wait !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums