Epic Thermal Spa Review - Not Zen!

Justaddvodka68

Learned my lesson a couple of years ago. I love the spa but I do like serenity and quiet. It is never as quiet as I would like it to be and no one does anything about it. My husband has a pair of noise canceling headphones, and I take them with me to the spa, and either listen to white noise or music of my choosing. Solved the problem for me.

Terry

Learned my lesson a couple of years ago. I love the spa but I do like serenity and quiet. It is never as quiet as I would like it to be and no one does anything about it. My husband has a pair of noise canceling headphones, and I take them with me to the spa, and either listen to white noise or music of my choosing. Solved the problem for me.

Terry

I've already loaded up my phone with zen music for next time!

This is why we only purchased spa passes on our very first cruise and also why we've never really been tempted to stay in the haven. It's just impossible for me to control my annoyance with loud passengers.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Me too! It's misophonia. It's a condition. Inappropriate sound makes me ragey!

I would not assume that a relaxing spa was for napping...you could always use your own cabin for that type of relaxation. If you want spa equipment then you have to be willing to deal with the noise of the jets and you will have people conversing with each other in the hot tubs.

I disagree! On the Gem anytime you walked in you'd find people sound asleep on the loungers. Noise of the jets is fine. It was the loud talking and laughing and party like behavior in what is supposed to be a quiet space that annoyed.

I loved the Epic spa but sorry the OP was disturbed. I do feel that if crowds or loud people bother you than a cruise would be the LAST vacation you should ever think about taking. Everywhere on the cruises ship are tourists getting tours or being loud or taking pictures, etc. This is what I see and expect when I take a cruise. Its like going to the swimming pool and complaining about screaming kids splashing and swimming. Hello! You are packed on a ship with 4200 vacationers who will explore every inch of the ship, take photos and be loud. Its par for the course on any cruise I have ever taken.

Having said all that, the Epic spa was not silent but it was mostly relaxing compared to the other parts of the ship so it was worth the money IMHO.

To complain about people "talking" in the thermal pool is taking things WAY too far. Its one thing if they were playing beach ball or Marco Polo but talking? The spa is a relaxing area but not a silent area. You are allowed to speak inside :eek:

Edited by david_sobe

We had a spa room on our last Breakaway cruise. Guess we were spoiled by RCCL, HAL and CCL. This spa was so crowded compared to the others but what bothered me most was the saving of tile loungers, (you are only supposed to be on these for a short time) and the mess. Towels, dirty, everywhere. It would appear the lounge chairs were all taken because of dirty towels left and hardly ever saw staff picking up. A couple of times I had to go to the locker room to get clean towels. And yes, on one occasion, loud people but they were asked to leave. This time we are trying a large balcony.