Island Princess Food Questions

alwalaska

Is Alfredo's still available at lunch time in one of the other restaurants? I couldn't find it on the Princess info page any longer.

Has club class dining rolled out on the Island Princess? If so, any recent cruisers have experience with ATD lines and embarkation lunch options?

There is someplace called the Crab Shack for $29/person on the pdf that is listed as being on the Island. Anyone know where this is and what the menu is?

The Patisserie is listed as breakfast 6am onward and N/A for lunch and dinner. Does that mean pastries are only there in the morning? I thought I heard that since there instant an International Café on the Island, the Patisserie had some small sandwiches at other times of the day.

Where is the ice cream bar? Is it soft serve or scooped ice cream?

I found most of the info that started these questions for me here.

Thanks all!

Is Alfredo's going to be installed on the Island. According to the dining guide, it's only on a few ships and not on the Island. See page 4: http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

If it's the same as the time we've been on the Island (which was about ten years ago so there's been some changes), the ice cream bar is by the outside pool and is just soft serve. You can get regular ice cream in the MDR during meals.

Is Alfredo's still available at lunch time in one of the other restaurants? I couldn't find it on the Princess info page any longer.

Has club class dining rolled out on the Island Princess? If so, any recent cruisers have experience with ATD lines and embarkation lunch options?

There is someplace called the Crab Shack for $29/person on the pdf that is listed as being on the Island. Anyone know where this is and what the menu is?

The Patisserie is listed as breakfast 6am onward and N/A for lunch and dinner. Does that mean pastries are only there in the morning? I thought I heard that since there instant an International Café on the Island, the Patisserie had some small sandwiches at other times of the day.

Where is the ice cream bar? Is it soft serve or scooped ice cream?

I found most of the info that started these questions for me here.

Thanks all!

I debarked the Island on 12/5/16 and Club Class was not rolled out yet.

Sabatini's serves Alfredo's pizza on sea days, but not the full Alfredo's menu.

The ice cream bar is located mid-ship, inside the Lotus pool area. It's soft-serve ice cream and milkshakes.

The selection of pastries at the Deck 5 Patisserie bar is extremely limited and I personally did not notice any sandwiches. I would recommend going to the pastry bar at the back of the Horizon court. There is a coffee bar there too.

I enjoyed the crab shack on the Island Princess two years ago, but I did not eat there on my most recent cruise. It is held on certain nights in a sectioned off area of the Horizon court. They serve boiled shrimp, crab legs, etc.

Due to the many postings on this forum regarding long waits for anytime dining, DH and I opted for late Traditional dining. Our dine time was 7:45 pm, which worked fine for us.

Hope that helps.

I debarked the Island on 12/5/16 and Club Class was not rolled out yet.

Sabatini's serves Alfredo's pizza on sea days, but not the full Alfredo's menu.

The ice cream bar is located mid-ship, inside the Lotus pool area. It's soft-serve ice cream and milkshakes.

The selection of pastries at the Deck 5 Patisserie bar is extremely limited and I personally did not notice any sandwiches. I would recommend going to the pastry bar at the back of the Horizon court. There is a coffee bar there too.

I enjoyed the crab shack on the Island Princess two years ago, but I did not eat there on my most recent cruise. It is held on certain nights in a sectioned off area of the Horizon court. They serve boiled shrimp, crab legs, etc.

Due to the many postings on this forum regarding long waits for anytime dining, DH and I opted for late Traditional dining. Our dine time was 7:45 pm, which worked fine for us.

Hope that helps.

I was on the same cruise and agree 100%. We also had late Traditional dining and found that the dining room often opened at least five minutes early every night. Our Head Waiter was Adrian who I thought was the best I've had in years. He was terrific.

I did go to the Crab Shack on this cruise and thought it was delicious. I ordered just the crab legs for my entree and couldn't finish them. The shrimp was really good as was the corn on the cob. I also went to the Bayou and while I'm not a big fan of Cajun cooking, I had the best filet I've had in years. Outstanding. My issue with the Bayou is that the restaurant is next to and behind a bar. It was so noisy we could barely hear each other.

We went to Sabatini's on embarkation day for an Alfredo's pizza. So good! A nice way to start the cruise.

I hadn't been on the Island since it was redesigned and found the Horizon Court much better and easier to get around. Had lunch there almost every day and several evenings when I got back from an all-day tour and didn't feel like sitting through a 2-hour dinner.

I was on the same cruise and agree 100%. We also had late Traditional dining and found that the dining room often opened at least five minutes early every night. Our Head Waiter was Adrian who I thought was the best I've had in years. He was terrific.

I did go to the Crab Shack on this cruise and thought it was delicious. I ordered just the crab legs for my entree and couldn't finish them. The shrimp was really good as was the corn on the cob. I also went to the Bayou and while I'm not a big fan of Cajun cooking, I had the best filet I've had in years. Outstanding. My issue with the Bayou is that the restaurant is next to and behind a bar. It was so noisy we could barely hear each other.

We went to Sabatini's on embarkation day for an Alfredo's pizza. So good! A nice way to start the cruise.

I hadn't been on the Island since it was redesigned and found the Horizon Court much better and easier to get around. Had lunch there almost every day and several evenings when I got back from an all-day tour and didn't feel like sitting through a 2-hour dinner.

Adrian was our head waiter too! He came by all of the tables in our section almost every night of the cruise. Our dining room experience was excellent.

It was also our first time on the Island since the new design. The Horizon court is nicer than before.