Just off Conquest, Ask Away!

OceansOfTravels

1) Camp Ocean. I'm not too sure as to the specific activities, but I hear Camp Ocean is award-winning and I've seen many good reports for it. If you want to know more about it specifically, I would recommend starting another thread on here.

2) Playlist Productions, Variety Show Act (Juggling, magician, etc), the PG comedy shows, and of course the live performers. I cannot speak for the Variety Act or the comedy shows but I enjoy the playlist productions and I really love the live performers! My favorite show was probably the 80s Pop, which Flick being a close second.

3) Yes, 24/7. There is a pamphlet in your stateroom that says which items are free and which will cost you something. I have never ordered from the pay menu, always the free one, and I'm just fine. Salads, sandwiches, cookies, stuff of that nature are free.

4) I'm sorry, I couldn't give you an honest answer about alternative milks. You could always ask a chef once you board and I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out.

If you think of any more questions, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for posting the Playlist Productions - 80s Pop & Flick. I don't think I've seen those.

1) Camp Ocean. I'm not too sure as to the specific activities, but I hear Camp Ocean is award-winning and I've seen many good reports for it. If you want to know more about it specifically, I would recommend starting another thread on here.

2) Playlist Productions, Variety Show Act (Juggling, magician, etc), the PG comedy shows, and of course the live performers. I cannot speak for the Variety Act or the comedy shows but I enjoy the playlist productions and I really love the live performers! My favorite show was probably the 80s Pop, which Flick being a close second.

3) Yes, 24/7. There is a pamphlet in your stateroom that says which items are free and which will cost you something. I have never ordered from the pay menu, always the free one, and I'm just fine. Salads, sandwiches, cookies, stuff of that nature are free.

4) I'm sorry, I couldn't give you an honest answer about alternative milks. You could always ask a chef once you board and I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out.

If you think of any more questions, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for answering--looks like it'll be a fun and fattening cruise;) I just realized that I typed 2 for my daughter, but she'll only be 18 months (we're doing a cruise in december and she'll be 2 on that one).

We also just got off this cruise. I have 3 kids and all have been in Camp Ocean. My youngest is 1 so there are some limitations to when kids under 2 can go. Camp Ocean is great, has programming almost all day, will take the kids to dinner and does have night time sitting until 1am (fee though). My kids love it and all beg to go. They would do activities/games, science and discovery, arts and crafts, puzzles, dancing, music games etc. We liked that some times my son wanted to do the activity and sometimes he just wanted to play with toys and the kids could do either. There are a bunch of counselors and they were all great. Also on the outside of deck there is a nice size outdoor play area with slides, playhouses, ride on toys, like the step 2 / little tykes kinds. We would hang out there sometimes while the kids played and we could watch the boat leave a port.

Milk alternatives I'm not sure on either, but we wanted to get milk/choc milk for my kids at times where it wasn't offered and we just asked and always had no problem anyone getting it for us.

There is a special needs dept and they do want to know any diet restrictions in the main dining room. https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx Maybe you could ask special needs dept.

Have fun!!

Silly me...she'll be 18 months on this cruise (we're cruising in Dec also and she'll be 2 on that one). What was there for your 1 year old to do? Was there a splash pad/water play area?

I'll look into the special needs request. She may have outgrown the milk allergy by then (keeping fingers crossed); as she's now okay with milk baked into things and just puffs up with fresh milk (yogurt, cheese, glass of milk).

Thanks for replying!

:D:D

How close is Fort Lauderdale airport to the port? What hotel did you stay at prior to your cruise (if any). Looking at booking a cruise on the Conquest in late September. Flying from AZ and would like to stay at a hotel on the beach. Doing the 6 day cruise to Ocho Rios, Grand Turk, Amber cove. Any answers would be very helpful. Never cruised out of Fort Lauderdale before.

I did not stay at a pre or post cruise hotel, but FLL and the Fort Lauderdale beach strip are both very close to Port Everglades, about a mile each. Could easily get around with taxis and Ubers, and most hotels have free or paid shuttle options.

Would you like destination help too? You're in for a great cruise :D

Thanks for posting the Playlist Productions - 80s Pop & Flick. I don't think I've seen those.

We had 4, I can remember 80's Pop to the Max, Heart of Soul (didn't see it), Flick, and another one that I remember not liking all too much. Either Motor City or something with Motown. But I still enjoyed the show and I loved the 80s one and Flick!

Who was the cruise director?

I booked her for 2018, it will be my second time on the Conquest. CD may be different though by the time I go. I had Mike Pack last time and he was awesome.

Hayley McMinn, but she goes by "Hayley Mac". No complaints, I loved hearing from her every morning and she always looked so happy while walking around the ship and leading activities.

Which nights were cruise elegant? I was going to try to make reservations at the steakhouse but not when/if they're having lobster tails in the MDR. Thanks in advance for your help.

We had formal night after our day in Grand Turk (night 3) and after our second sea day (night 7). Ours could've been modified because we were in Grand Turk on Christmas Day and we wanted formal night on Christmas day.

What time did the ship dock and or time you arrived to the airport?

I want to book the earliest flight possible in April.

Thanks.

The ship docked early, I'm not sure when debarkation started. I had a 7PM flight, therefore I was in no rush to exit the ship and I slept in.

What did you do in St. Maarten and San Juan? Was an excursion necessary? We will be traveling with our 7 year old and 4 year old twins. Looking for easy and safe beach/sightseeing. We have experience in Grand Turk and saw your reply for St. Kitts.

Thank you!!! Very excited to take our trio on their first cruise in April :)

Did you go to the Piano Bar at all? Who was the entertainer? How were they?

Thanks!!

We are just off this sailing too. We spent a few nights in the piano bar so I will give an honest answer of our experience. Ewart was the piano player. We've had better on other cruises, but he kept us entertained and knew each and every repeat customer by name, which impressed us. It tended to be the same 12-15 songs every night and there were a lot of requests he "didn't know" and he didn't have an iPad "live" as others have had in the past to get the song you want. Not sure if that's a Carnival thing or the piano player. Songs were also repeated on the same nights, which we didn't mind since if we missed a favorite he was still willing to play it again. Other piano players have said they've already played it and refused. For us its the people who go that make it even more entertaining!! We really enjoyed ourselves each time we went!

Will be on her in November. Can't wait! Did you go to the crab shack , (I think that is the name and get a lobster Roll and how was there prices?

They say she is to go in to dry dock Between September and October does anyone know what make overs she is getting? Thanks for any info!

Silly me...she'll be 18 months on this cruise (we're cruising in Dec also and she'll be 2 on that one). What was there for your 1 year old to do? Was there a splash pad/water play area?

I'll look into the special needs request. She may have outgrown the milk allergy by then (keeping fingers crossed); as she's now okay with milk baked into things and just puffs up with fresh milk (yogurt, cheese, glass of milk).

Thanks for replying!

There was some options for under 2 in Camp Ocean but limited. Sea days from 8am-10am they can play in Camp Ocean you can do drop off or play as a family. Port days there was drop off times that corresponded to the time at port. At nights from 10pm-1am you could drop off (had to pay extra) it's call night owls.

There is not waterworks (water splash pad) on the Conquest.

Our daughter loved all the music so we spend a lot of time on lido or in lobby listening to music while she ran around dancing. Plus the outdoor play area by Camp Ocean was great too. There is a mini golf up on top deck, also good area to toddle around while family plays golf.

Will be on her in November. Can't wait! Did you go to the crab shack , (I think that is the name and get a lobster Roll and how was there prices?

They say she is to go in to dry dock Between September and October does anyone know what make overs she is getting? Thanks for any info!

We didn't go to crab shack but looked, my husband wanted clam strips but they were $6-7 and since we can get those anywhere off the boat we decided not to waste the money. :)

Haley (CD) said Conquest is going to dry dock in Nov. And they are focusing on redoing the dining areas.

Hi! We are debating between Magic and Conquest. I was just on liberty and loved it. We don't have little kids so I am all about a NICE pool area for adults only. Thoughts on this for Magic and conquest if you have been on her also, thanks!!!

I'll be on this same itinerary on Saturday. Which nights were elegant nights please. I made a reservation for the steakhouse on the 2nd night.

I am bummed about not having the Serenity deck, but I knew that for several months now. Is there someplace you noticed that was quieter than others for relaxing and reading?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Also just off this Conquest cruise -- The "elegant" nights were on the second night (first sea day) and the next to last night (2nd sea day). If you go to deck three to the lobby and exit to the outside (either port or starboard) there is a long outside deck close to the water that is almost alway empty. There are some nice chairs to sit it in and the ocean pounds away just a couple decks below you. Great place to unwind.

What did you do in St. Maarten and San Juan? Was an excursion necessary? We will be traveling with our 7 year old and 4 year old twins. Looking for easy and safe beach/sightseeing. We have experience in Grand Turk and saw your reply for St. Kitts.

Thank you!!! Very excited to take our trio on their first cruise in April :)

Many will bark at me on here if I say yes, because of the easy beach option right in the town of Phillipsburg (also a good place to go), which are both easily accessible with a water taxi, but I have been to St.Maarten twice and am currently looking for an apartment to go in December again next year. The beautiful, preserved parts of the island are on the French side. The Dutch side near the French side on both ends, away from the ships and airport are also to die for and have that same European feeling. But the beauty I find in St.Maarten, you will either need an excursion, car, or a good sense of navigation on buses.

However, Phillipsburg is one of my favorite cities, and since my first stop in SXM, which was spent in Phillipsburg and on Great Bay Beach, SXM has been my favorite island in the Caribbean. My appreciation has grown with each visit. So you are in for a beautiful day if you just stay in Great Bay and Phillipsburg if you're looking for a convenient option to accommodate the kids.

I hope you have a GREAT time! :D

Hi! We are debating between Magic and Conquest. I was just on liberty and loved it. We don't have little kids so I am all about a NICE pool area for adults only. Thoughts on this for Magic and conquest if you have been on her also, thanks!!!

Conquest's adult-only pool was always adult-only and quiet. The hottubs may have been a little packed at time, because without Serenity, the ship lacks those additional hottubs at the front, but it wasn't too bad. You will enjoy the adult-only area. :)

It's been about a year since we sailed on Carnival - the Conquest. We don't remember if they had a REAL show every night or were some shows using guests in shows like Dating Game or the Newlywed Show. We don't consider using fellow cruisers as real shows. Just got off of the MSC Danvinia and they had great shows every night. We did miss Carnival's comedy club though.