Just off Conquest, Ask Away!

OceansOfTravels

I am currently sitting in FLL for another 5 hours as I wait for my flight home. I just got off of the 8 night Christmas cruise that stopped in Grand Turk, San Juan, St.Maarten and St.Kitts. I'm open to any questions, I'll be honest!

Happy New Year to all!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by OceansOfTravels

What did you do while at Grand Turk? What was your favorite meal?

Heather

We were with the Koningsdam, so it was packed. But there is a way to combat this. If you're walking down the pier towards the island, go right, and there is a HUGE amount of chairs that were barely discovered. For most of the morning we were alone. The beach is not too far of a walk away, but this allows not only easy chair access, but also a quiet retreat away from the loud, alcohol-induced activities of Margaritaville. So as to what we did, we laid out, went in the winter, did some reading, relaxed. Grand Turk is not one of my favorite places, but I actually really enjoyed the day of relaxation!

We are leaven on this itinerary in a week. I'm familiar with all the ports except St Kitts. If we want to see some of the island, can we do so by just walking around near port (as we do in San Juan) or do we need to purchase and excursion or hire a taxi?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Been on the Conquest twice and really enjoyed it.

Always wondered why it is the only ship in its class to not get serenity deck

I'm glad to hear! Conquest is a gorgeous ship' date=' and I really enjoyed that. But yes, the absence of Serenity was definitely felt. However, I did notice that the crew had deck chairs out on every single deck, which actually made searching for chairs easier than on previous Carnival cruises. I did like that! There were chairs on the slide deck, the small deck above the volleyball area, near the skylight facing down to the Lido buffet on Deck 11 aft, and lots of chairs at that. Definitely no shortage of places to sit outside and relax this cruise.

We are leaven on this itinerary in a week. I'm familiar with all the ports except St Kitts. If we want to see some of the island, can we do so by just walking around near port (as we do in San Juan) or do we need to purchase and excursion or hire a taxi?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Basseterre is somewhat far from the port to walk, but I saw many do it. It's a reasonable distance as long as you wear comfortable shoes. But that is just the town, if you want to see the island, in terms of its sights, views, and beaches, I would recommend an excursion or taxi hire. I don't recommend renting a car though, because due to its previous British rule, they drive on the opposite side of the street, and there are no stop lights, so unless you have driven like this before, I wouldn't recommend giving it a try.

We booked a last minute excursion that morning from Carnival because we had an onboard credit of $50 we wanted to use and the tour total for two came out to $59. It was about 4.5 hours, and we got a narrated drive through Basseterre, and dropped off at Vibes Beach Bar. Two chairs and an umbrella were $20. Bar had free wifi, lots of food, bathrooms, and showers. This was a great way to spend the day!

I have 2 questions

Are the big blue plastic chairs still between the water slide and main pool?

How well does the air-condition work around the ship and in the staterooms?

Yes those chairs are there. They can also be found on Deck 14 Forward.

It works pretty well for the most part. It was broken in the elevators though so the elevators were ungodly hot. But most of the public areas were air conditioned and kept at a comfortable temperature. My stateroom was also kept at a comfortable temperature, and could be adjusted. I had an inside on Deck 7 Forward. However I heard mixed reviews from different people, some said their insides were too cold, others said too hot. No clue what their ship position was. But based on my views, aside from the elevators, the AC was fine.

I'm cruising the Conquest for the first time in May...thanks for answering questions!

1. What do they have for 2 year olds?

2. What was the family entertainment like?

3. Is room service 24/7? What is included?

4. Do you know if they have alternative milks? My daughter is allergic to milk.

That's all I can think of at the moment....thanks!

I'm cruising the Conquest for the first time in May...thanks for answering questions!

1. What do they have for 2 year olds?

2. What was the family entertainment like?

3. Is room service 24/7? What is included?

That's all I can think of at the moment....thanks!

1) Camp Ocean. I'm not too sure as to the specific activities, but I hear Camp Ocean is award-winning and I've seen many good reports for it. If you want to know more about it specifically, I would recommend starting another thread on here.

2) Playlist Productions, Variety Show Act (Juggling, magician, etc), the PG comedy shows, and of course the live performers. I cannot speak for the Variety Act or the comedy shows but I enjoy the playlist productions and I really love the live performers! My favorite show was probably the 80s Pop, which Flick being a close second.

3) Yes, 24/7. There is a pamphlet in your stateroom that says which items are free and which will cost you something. I have never ordered from the pay menu, always the free one, and I'm just fine. Salads, sandwiches, cookies, stuff of that nature are free.

4) I'm sorry, I couldn't give you an honest answer about alternative milks. You could always ask a chef once you board and I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out.

If you think of any more questions, let me know!

I hope you arrive safely home. What was your favorite meal on the cruise ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, waiting for my luggage. To be completely honest, I loved the Flamin' Tomato Soup at Sea Day Brunch :D The cheesecake was very good. Every chicken dish I had was always good as well.

We are cruising that route on the Conquest in March. Could you share with me a picture of the Fun Times? I'm traveling with my husband for our 20th Anniversary and our teenagers 16 & 19 are tagging along. My oldest is in that between age, too old for Club O2 and too young for the night club. She's worried she won't have anything to do.

Edited by jenly4

Contact Carnival well in advance of your cruise, they will have you fill out a special form regarding her allergy. I know they want notice at least 2 weeks in advance, but can accommodate food allergies.

I'll be on this same itinerary on Saturday. Which nights were elegant nights please. I made a reservation for the steakhouse on the 2nd night.

I am bummed about not having the Serenity deck, but I knew that for several months now. Is there someplace you noticed that was quieter than others for relaxing and reading?

Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

I'll be on this same itinerary on Saturday. Which nights were elegant nights please. I made a reservation for the steakhouse on the 2nd night.

I am bummed about not having the Serenity deck, but I knew that for several months now. Is there someplace you noticed that was quieter than others for relaxing and reading?

I don't have personal experience on that cruise itinerary, but on every one of my cruises our first elegant night has been the 2nd night. Most of the time you are at sea that second day. A couple of times we were in Nassau but since we left early like 2pm we still had the elegant night that night. So I would plan on it being the 2nd night.

Your other elegant night will be night 6 or 7. They never have it on the last night, Night 8, since people are packing up to put their suitcases out. I would think they would have it on which ever of those nights you leave port the earliest. But you never know.

Yes those chairs are there. They can also be found on Deck 14 Forward.

It works pretty well for the most part. It was broken in the elevators though so the elevators were ungodly hot. But most of the public areas were air conditioned and kept at a comfortable temperature. My stateroom was also kept at a comfortable temperature, and could be adjusted. I had an inside on Deck 7 Forward. However I heard mixed reviews from different people, some said their insides were too cold, others said too hot. No clue what their ship position was. But based on my views, aside from the elevators, the AC was fine.

We were on the same Christmas cruise. We were also on deck 7 midship balcony room and AC was great, no problems and could be adjusted in room.

1) Camp Ocean. I'm not too sure as to the specific activities, but I hear Camp Ocean is award-winning and I've seen many good reports for it. If you want to know more about it specifically, I would recommend starting another thread on here.

2) Playlist Productions, Variety Show Act (Juggling, magician, etc), the PG comedy shows, and of course the live performers. I cannot speak for the Variety Act or the comedy shows but I enjoy the playlist productions and I really love the live performers! My favorite show was probably the 80s Pop, which Flick being a close second.

3) Yes, 24/7. There is a pamphlet in your stateroom that says which items are free and which will cost you something. I have never ordered from the pay menu, always the free one, and I'm just fine. Salads, sandwiches, cookies, stuff of that nature are free.

4) I'm sorry, I couldn't give you an honest answer about alternative milks. You could always ask a chef once you board and I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out.

If you think of any more questions, let me know!

We also just got off this cruise. I have 3 kids and all have been in Camp Ocean. My youngest is 1 so there are some limitations to when kids under 2 can go. Camp Ocean is great, has programming almost all day, will take the kids to dinner and does have night time sitting until 1am (fee though). My kids love it and all beg to go. They would do activities/games, science and discovery, arts and crafts, puzzles, dancing, music games etc. We liked that some times my son wanted to do the activity and sometimes he just wanted to play with toys and the kids could do either. There are a bunch of counselors and they were all great. Also on the outside of deck there is a nice size outdoor play area with slides, playhouses, ride on toys, like the step 2 / little tykes kinds. We would hang out there sometimes while the kids played and we could watch the boat leave a port.

Milk alternatives I'm not sure on either, but we wanted to get milk/choc milk for my kids at times where it wasn't offered and we just asked and always had no problem anyone getting it for us.

There is a special needs dept and they do want to know any diet restrictions in the main dining room. https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx Maybe you could ask special needs dept.

Have fun!!

How close is Fort Lauderdale airport to the port? What hotel did you stay at prior to your cruise (if any). Looking at booking a cruise on the Conquest in late September. Flying from AZ and would like to stay at a hotel on the beach. Doing the 6 day cruise to Ocho Rios, Grand Turk, Amber cove. Any answers would be very helpful. Never cruised out of Fort Lauderdale before.

Been on the Conquest twice and really enjoyed it.

Always wondered why it is the only ship in its class to not get serenity deck

Yes, I'll miss Serenity when we sail on her for our B2B this coming Saturday.

See you onboard. This will be the 1st week of our B2B.