Christmas lights

Yes they're allowed! Just beware - our checked suitcase that we had them in (with a lot of spare batteries!) ended up in the naughty room and I have a feeling it was from all of the wires! If you want to avoid any hassles, I would put them in your carry-on if you can! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Newbcruiser1

Agree with other posters. I always take my LED Christmas string lights on our December

cruises in my carry on. I am not a fan of the "naughty room". ;)

On one cruise, our cabin attendant saw my lights strung out in our cabin

on embarkation day. She said "those are not allowed". I had her touch

them and explained they were LED and did not heat up. She never heard

of them...and then let me keep them up.

Edited by island lady

Wow sounds cool. Anyone have a pic?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

2013-12-14054614.jpg

This was on the corner aft on deck 7 of the Explorer. We also took them last month on our Dec. cruise on the Grandeur.

I got them on Amazon. Battery operated and 8 different setting. Color and white alternately and other settings include a timer setting.

Gwen :)

Not to go off topic too much, but if you have them on your balcony please do think of your neighbors. We had neighbors on one cruise who had white lights and kept them on all night long. Almost as bad as the balcony light. I enjoy the sea at night where you can see the stars, moon, reflections etc and the lights mess it up. Yes they look pretty but use cautiously please.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Not to go off topic too much, but if you have them on your balcony please do think of your neighbors. We had neighbors on one cruise who had white lights and kept them on all night long. Almost as bad as the balcony light. I enjoy the sea at night where you can see the stars, moon, reflections etc and the lights mess it up. Yes they look pretty but use cautiously please.

That's why I string mine inside the cabin. ;)

Mine have a timer and go off at least by 10PM if not before. The picture I posted was on the side of the balcony at the large porthole. No one could have been bothered by them as they were out of the way from view except for us and anyone out in the ocean. I also turned them off early because I didn't want to buy any more batteries and wanted them to last. The lights that bother me more on a ship are the ones that the ship has lit or the balcony lights on some ships. These Christmas lights do not give off much light to begin with.

Gwen :)