Cruise Points for 107 Day World Cruise, in Suite?

gkbiiii

Cruise Points for 107 Day World Cruise, in a Suite?

I understand you move up in the Captain's Circle program by both points and days at sea. If i booked a full suite for a 107 night cruise, what would my total days in the CC program be? Would I be an instant Elite?

Your cruise days would still be 107. Suites count as double cruise credits towards the ladder in the captains circle. As a solo suites count triple, one for a suite and 2 for solo. I don't know if a world cruise is counted in segments or as one cruise.

I understand you move up in the Captain's Circle program by both points and days at sea. If i booked a full suite for a 107 night cruise, what would my total days in the CC program be? Would I be an instant Elite?

"Instant Elite" hardly. At the time of booking--and on embarkation day--your Captains Circle status is whatever it currently is. Your cruise days will increase by 107 at the conclusion of the World Cruise, though as mentioned above you are possibly eligible to have your status redetermined at the end of each segment.

Edited by fishywood

Based on the Princess Cruises Captain Circle Program Basics, Captain Circle recognizes completed voyages/credits OR completed days, whichever is beneficial to members.

For multiple cruise credits from full suite or sailing solo, the number of cruises only, and not cruise days, are multiplied.

To be Elite, completion of 150 cruise days are needed. OR, after 15 cruise days.

After your 107 Day full suite cruise, 107 days will be credited to you.

Edited by easyboy

The answers given are not exactly correct. You will get double cruise credits for each voyage, and for the world cruise, you will therefore get two cruise credits per segment. I do not know how many segments there are on the world cruise, but I do know there are a number of them. Hence, after you complete three cruise segments (6 cruise credits) you will be platinum, and have the free internet minutes available at the completion of the 3rd segment/start of the 4th segment, and if there are 8 segments, at the conclusion of that segment, with 16 cruise credits you will be elite. You will still only have 107 days of credit, but after 8 segments sailing in a suite you will have 16 cruise credits and be elite. This assumes you are starting with both 0 days and 0 cruise credits....but you might not be. Hope that helps.

If you tell me what ship and when the cruise starts I can figure out the segments for you.

Edited by ggprincess2004

So I take it, unlike with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor, where you get two points per days in JR suite and above; I would get the same amount of point days by booking a Club JR suite.

The Sea Princess JR suites look nicer than the JR suite I had on Caribbean Princess, so I would not mind booking one. I just want the Club Class Dining: I am really wanting to try something that brings back the standards I have heard about in the 90's+.

I have read about overall reductions on Holland on the last World Cruise reported on cruise critic, so I thought Princess might be the best option. I like the Princess ships and price wise seems more reasonable than Cunard, etc.

One quick question, on "grand Voyages" does Princess have many guest lecturers and special events, etc., for this longer voyages?

Edited by gkbiiii

So i take it, unlike with Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor, where you get two points per days in JR suite and above; I would get the same amount of point days by booking a Club JR suite.

As explained the number of nights you sail are never multiplied they are accurate. It doesn't matter if you book a mini suite or full suite.

As explained the number of nights you sail are never multiplied they are accurate. It doesn't matter if you book a mini suite or full suite.

That's what I am thinking, as the price for a full suite is so much higher, I would be better off staying in the Club JR instead.

That's what I am thinking, as the price for a full suite is so much higher, I would be better off staying in the Club JR instead.

You would not earn the double cruise credits, just a single cruise credit per segment, but on Sea Princess the mini-suites are wonderful, and you would have the club class dining. Princess uses an either/or system, with days or cruise credits leading to bumps in level.

You would not have the suite benefits: free laundry service, canapes, room service using the dining room menus, free access to the DVD library, priority tendering. I think I covered most of them....

If you were booking a full suite on the Sea Princess for the club class dining and not much else mattered, yes, by all means, the mini-suite would be the way to go. Sea Princess doesn't offer the "Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast" that is one of the great suite perks IMHO, rather the expanded breakfast menu en suite, which is a very weak second, again IMHO.

For the price difference, I would book the club class mini-suites (Princess terminology) in a heartbeat. Bon Voyage, whatever you decide.

Edited by ggprincess2004