Live Trip Review - Radiance B2B 6 Jan 17 to 28 Jan 17

Hello everyone!

It's my turn to produce a live trip report. I intend on posting daily to provide you all with information and a description of how things are going on this B2B trip.

This is our first B2B, so we're very excited. We are doing a 14 night cruise from Sydney to New Zealand, encompassing both the south and north islands. Once we return to Sydney, we are doing another 8 night cruise that takes in Hobart, Adelaide and Melbourne. Melbourne being our port on Australia Day! [emoji1037] we're quite excited about the whole trip.

We originally booked one Ovation of the Seas cruise, departing Sydney on the 9 January. We cancelled this and decided to book a B2B on Radiance instead, and we saved money in the process and we got an extra long holiday as a resul.

Sooooo to begin, we are currently staying at the Four Seasons in a Premier Full Harbour View Room. A sensational hotel, with a view that is unparalleled. Tomorrow we board Radiance of the Seas!

Feel free to pose any questions, follow along, comment, whatever you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinner tonight, we went to Pony at Circular Quay. A short walk from the hotel, and a delightful restaurant. Dark, moody lighting with terrific service, wonderful drinks. Espresso martini 10/10.

Food was great. Everything is cooked on a wood fire.

2d452bb818994ddaf959c596b10a81b3.jpg

Flat bread with eggplant and white bean dip

32fc3821517b2493b00895994e8b0a52.jpg

Octopus

0662e46d1ecfb7c3ddd46905398151de.jpg

Citrus cured kingfish

d021a838b0577bd7994521373358f0d1.jpg

Burrata with chickpeas and crouton

d1880d4a3592cd5ee5e9784673f4f387.jpg

Chicken Kiev with silver beet

29433b1b363709c5ede83dee7b5a3988.jpg

French fries

bf33c9d83072cbc3f0678eb1df383911.jpg

Mixed leaf salad with pesto

31ca090aa857ae831ecacf5460d62fbc.jpg

Mango and lime cheesecake

36138ec984b0a5c8a3cd8fb56f83efcf.jpg

Kaffir lime and coconut truffle

Wonderful food, fantastic service, great atmosphere with happy customers.

Off now to eat dessert!

Edited by tazza_0712

https://vimeo.com/198228468

Here is a quick tour of the Four Seasons room, a Premier Full Harbour View Room.

We had decided to pick a full harbour view room when we booked months ago, the idea of watching our ship come in was just too good to ignore. It was a standard hotel room at that stage. A week or so ago, I checked the hotel pricing and noticed that a Premier Room was available for about $20 extra, double the size and with an even better view, we couldn't say no.

It pays to check, check and re check your bookings as you get closer to your holiday date.

Excitedly awaiting the arrival of Radiance!

We will be on radiance on your second leg of the back to back (The 8 day Sydney to Sydney cruise).

The Four Seasons is a perfect hotel to stay at for cruising. The views are just fab. I recently had friends heading out on a cruise and stayed for a night beforehand. We spent the day with them and had a quick look at their room - best views ever!

Can't wait to see your posts over the coming fortnight, especially of the ship. We know she is not the newest in the fleet, and expect some minor wear and tear. Would love to hear of the activities and what the feel of all the passengers is like.

Pity the weather wasn't the best for your boarding on Friday. But watching her sail out, the weather cleared, and hopefully you got some great shots cruising out of the harbour.

I'm sure there will be many familys on board for the next leg, but if you see a family of 4 with smiles on their faces, that will be us - having the time of our life. Please say G'Day if you do! This will be cruise number 4 for us (first time on radiance), and we are all just as excited as if it was our first.

Thanks for this post.

David

Ok! Hello all. Thank you for following if you are. We are currently seated in Chops Grille, thankful for the fact that we are back on Radiance and not on a larger ship, a la Voyager (last sailed Feb 2015).

So let me skip backwards somewhat, as my "live" review has become somewhat lax in some ways and I apologise.

We checked out of the Four Seasons at about 11am on Friday morning, 6 Jan, and walked over to the overseas passenger terminal. A 5 minute or so walk that was flat, and a little undercover. A good aspect considering the grey and rainy weather we encountered at that time.

From there, we disposed of our luggage with a little less thought as to the eventual whereabouts given from the luggage porters.

From there, we went through a non existent line into the terminal, rode the escalator up to the check in line and stood in the suite/diamond plus/pinnacle line for about 5 or so minutes until the next check in point opened.

We competed the check in process and proceeded to the customs stop on the upper level, stopping only for a moment when the customs agent believed my partner (for some reason) had a second passport. This was rectified on their end, something to do with a letter on the passport (an M or an N) and then we were security screening bound.

As we're on a B2B we had 4 bottles of champs between us (Moët [emoji38]) and we were stopped. 2 bottles were confiscated to be returned (we think) at the conclusion of our first cruise.

We walked onto the ship! First photo taken, and up to the pool bar for a couple of drinks [emoji483] and to wait until 1pm for the rooms to be ready for us to enter. ...more coming soon

We will be on radiance on your second leg of the back to back (The 8 day Sydney to Sydney cruise).

The Four Seasons is a perfect hotel to stay at for cruising. The views are just fab. I recently had friends heading out on a cruise and stayed for a night beforehand. We spent the day with them and had a quick look at their room - best views ever!

Can't wait to see your posts over the coming fortnight, especially of the ship. We know she is not the newest in the fleet, and expect some minor wear and tear. Would love to hear of the activities and what the feel of all the passengers is like.

Pity the weather wasn't the best for your boarding on Friday. But watching her sail out, the weather cleared, and hopefully you got some great shots cruising out of the harbour.

I'm sure there will be many familys on board for the next leg, but if you see a family of 4 with smiles on their faces, that will be us - having the time of our life. Please say G'Day if you do! This will be cruise number 4 for us (first time on radiance), and we are all just as excited as if it was our first.

Thanks for this post.

David

We will definitely say g'day if we see you around! Four Seasons was amazing. Radiance is as beautiful as ever, glistening and with amazing views. I bet you're looking forward to boarding in less than two weeks [emoji38]

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for writing this review. I am going to be on Radiance in June for an Alaska cruise. It will be my first time ever cruising with RCCL. My last 4 cruises have been with Disney, but now that my kids are older the benefits do not outweigh the cost.

I am looking forward to your report and pictures (love your videos too) as lately some of the reviews from Radiance's Australia cruises have not been good at all.

https://vimeo.com/198228468

Here is a quick tour of the Four Seasons room, a Premier Full Harbour View Room.

We had decided to pick a full harbour view room when we booked months ago, the idea of watching our ship come in was just too good to ignore. It was a standard hotel room at that stage. A week or so ago, I checked the hotel pricing and noticed that a Premier Room was available for about $20 extra, double the size and with an even better view, we couldn't say no.

It pays to check, check and re check your bookings as you get closer to your holiday date.

Excitedly awaiting the arrival of Radiance!

Love love the Four Seasons in Sydney - have tried to book there for October after our Radiance cruise but it is already full !! Have a great cruise.

We have returned to a very wet Sydney for our first B2B turn around day. It feels quite terrific to know we'll be getting back on Radiance for another 8 nights.

We finished packing all of our bags this morning, and expect they should be in our new room by the time we return to the ship. Everything hanging in the closet was left there and will be transferred to our new wardrobe.