Changing Sail Date in Penalty Period

judycruiser

I am within the penalty period for my February 25, 2017 cruise.

I would like to change the sail date to a later date. What has been your experience for getting dates changed without penalty in this situation? HA is telling my travel agent that I can change dates but that penalty will apply.

Thanks

Judy

I would like to change the sail date to a later date. What has been your experience for getting dates changed without penalty in this situation? HA is telling my travel agent that I can change dates but that penalty will apply.

Thanks

Judy

And you don't believe HAL? It is my understanding that the penalty does apply. If you are changing the sail dates, you are cancelling that particular cruise.

Thanks

Judy

That is HAL policy. Your TA advised you correctly. If you have cancellation protection plan with HAL you will get 80% or 90% back... otherwise, appropriate cancel fees apply and the sooner you make that change the better as penalties will continue to increase

Since I have been on over 100 cruises over a forty-year period, I knew all the rules including that insurance would not cover.

Just wanted to see if anyone had not been penalized. As in many instances, a lot of non-answers.

Judy

Since I have been on over 100 cruises over a forty-year period, I knew all the rules including that insurance would not cover.

Just wanted to see if anyone had not been penalized. As in many instances, a lot of non-answers.

Judy

No many answers and unless you have CFAR Travel Insurance you WiLL pay the penalty. Just not an answer you wanted to hear :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... unless you have CFAR Travel Insurance you WiLL pay the penalty.
Even with HAL's CFAR there will be a 10% or 20% loss because it's a cancellation and new booking.

Edited by jtl513