Beer selection on Allure

I was wondering if anyone knew the beer choices on the Allure. I would love to know if they have any IPA's. Thanks

Technically yes, but if you like good IPA's then no. They seem to only have red hook IPA, it has been the only choice the last few times we have been on allure and oasis.

If you like red hook, or lower hop ipas then your in business.

If I had to criticize RCI for anything, it is their beer selection. Very, very lame. If you want a good beer at sea, you can find it on the NCL Escape. Their brew house has 25 taps and 50 different bottles. Spent my whole week in there.

Technically yes, but if you like good IPA's then no. They seem to only have red hook IPA, it has been the only choice the last few times we have been on allure and oasis.

If you like red hook, or lower hop ipas then your in business.

Beggars can't be choosers and Red Hook isn't that bad. Mind you it's not my IPA of choice but at least they have one. I've been on two different ships where they ran out. You'd think corporate would get a clue.

If the Allure has the same list as that Dec 16 Oasis menu then IPA fans should be jumping for joy with Dogfish Head 90 min. It's one of the best ever. But yes I agree looks as if selection other than that is poor.

We hope Allure has all the beers listed on their menu in the Pub. We found that Serenade had only a handful of the list, hopefully because she was a smaller ship.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....beer.

Self professed beer snob here.

It's a shame that RCCL hasn't embraced the craft brewing movement, which as many of you know is the fastest growing component of the beer industry. Another line seems to have it going (Carnival), and the post about beer on NCL has me intrigued. Quantum class has the Michael's Genuine Pub offerings so its' not like they don't have it in the pipe.

I sure hope they have the Stone product when I'm on Allure next week. They make good stuff. DFH 90 is great, hope that one is there too. Depending on the style you like, the current offering of Chimay Blue and La Fin Du Monde are both outstanding offerings of Belgian style strong ales.

How would I improve the current list?

Too many pale lagers, but I suppose that's what the masses want. More good pilseners, an oatmeal stout, an out there choice like a gose or a sour.

Some session beers for the afternoons. I bet a nice Lambic sold as a dessert beer would generate interest, a 750ml size to be shared. The possibilities are endless!

I guess being able to fill your growler on board is asking too much.

1hdfp3.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Edited by squiffynimrod

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....beer.

Self professed beer snob here.

It's a shame that RCCL hasn't embraced the craft brewing movement, which as many of you know is the fastest growing component of the beer industry. Another line seems to have it going (Carnival), and the post about beer on NCL has me intrigued. Quantum class has the Michael's Genuine Pub offerings so its' not like they don't have it in the pipe.

I sure hope they have the Stone product when I'm on Allure next week. They make good stuff. DFH 90 is great, hope that one is there too. Depending on the style you like, the current offering of Chimay Blue and La Fin Du Monde are both outstanding offerings of Belgian style strong ales.

How would I improve the current list?

Too many pale lagers, but I suppose that's what the masses want. More good pilseners, an oatmeal stout, an out there choice like a gose or a sour.

Some session beers for the afternoons. I bet a nice Lambic sold as a dessert beer would generate interest, a 750ml size to be shared. The possibilities are endless!

I guess being able to fill your growler on board is asking too much.

1hdfp3.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Let us know and tell them to stock Blue Moon for 1/29 sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wife and I met the beverage director on one of our recent cruises. He said he's been lobbying corporate for brew pubs on their new builds. He also said their problem with craft beers is craft brewers inability to keep up with demand. Celebrity tried the craft brew route in Michaels but it didn't last long. They turned Cellar Masters on Equinox into Gastrobar but I haven't sailed it since the conversion. I have found craft beers on Reflection and Summit so maybe Royal will follow suit.

Wife and I met the beverage director on one of our recent cruises. He said he's been lobbying corporate for brew pubs on their new builds. He also said their problem with craft beers is craft brewers inability to keep up with demand. Celebrity tried the craft brew route in Michaels but it didn't last long. They turned Cellar Masters on Equinox into Gastrobar but I haven't sailed it since the conversion. I have found craft beers on Reflection and Summit so maybe Royal will follow suit.

Yes, the true craft brewer would not be able to supply a cruise line with the volume . A macro craft brewer could toll brew to a customer's specification, private label it and have a captive market. An almost guaranteed success if the product is right.

WOW. Those prices though. Does anyone know if RC has beer specials (buckets) like on Carnival? I am going on the Allure later this year and I may need to take out a second mortgage for my beer tab at those prices.

For me in Canuckistan, those prices don't seem out of line for what is charged in our local bars and pubs.:mad::mad:

Blue Moon's on the menu pic.

How many do you want me to have on board for you?

At least a 12 pack for in room refrigerator and a bunch for cruise. Just warn them we are coming. I will ask the concierge [emoji136] to stock our refrigerator.

WOW. Those prices though. Does anyone know if RC has beer specials (buckets) like on Carnival? I am going on the Allure later this year and I may need to take out a second mortgage for my beer tab at those prices.

For me in Canuckistan, those prices don't seem out of line for what is charged in our local bars and pubs.:mad::mad:

Not far off from our prices around here either.

Ouch. I feel bad for you. With those prices I think I will just do the Premium drink package. I will be on vacation after all and I may not use everything I spend the money on. But it will be nice to not have to even worry about it and just order a beer when I want one.

Yes prices are crazy , just wait till you see price for wine and frozen drinks. do yourself a favour and get the drink package, I just returned from the Allure the package is a must if you are going to have more then 4 drinks a day .

Thanks for the tip. Will do!

My drink package is already purchased. I have downloaded and printed the drink list from the RCCL UK site that shows 236 individual cocktails, not including the standard hiball offerings. 33 cocktails a day over 7 days and I complete the list. That's only 1.5 cocktails per hour, every hour, every day.

I will give it my best shot.

If I get the beverage package, do you have to sign a receipt each time you order? NCL stopped having you sign each time which saved a lot of time.

On our last two cruises in the last four months, 80% of the time, no paper receipt was provided.

If I get the beverage package, do you have to sign a receipt each time you order? NCL stopped having you sign each time which saved a lot of time.

We have found that if we give them a cash tip up front, we rarely get a paper receipt to sign.