Port Everglades

jagsfan

As a local resident who disembarked Coral this morning, can confirm that there was nothing "back to normal" about FLL airport for much of today, with many stranded still trying to get in or out since yesterday. Right before we disembarked at 11am (35 mins past scheduled call time), the captain made a ship-wide announcement to the crew that departure was delayed until 9PM. Our limo service driver had been going crazy driving FLL-intended people to/from MIA and WPB airport alternative flights since yesterday, also had just returned from diverting someone to WPB, and was going to be busy booked doing this for most of the day. He mentioned seeing many stranded w/luggage in hotel lobbies and throughout the port/airport area.

Hoping that all/most people coming in were able to do so in time for the delayed departure.

I don't know what I was thinking. Read this morning about the people at check in having to leave their keys, shoes etc on the conveyor belt and running. I didn't realize it was the whole terminal involved. The aftermath of linking all those people to their possessions will be a nightmare for days to come. It makes perfect sense for the ships to delay leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks as usual Dave!

My pleasure! Love watching the webcams since I don't have anything better to do (like actually go on a cruise lol ;)). Bad weather off of Nassau has forced two overnights (Norwegian Sky - still docked; and Carnival Victory - left this morning), an abandoned attempt (Enchantment of the Seas), and one still trying (Costa Deliziosa)...

http://www.portnassauwebcam.com

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

My pleasure! Love watching the webcams since I don't have anything better to do (like actually go on a cruise lol ;)). Bad weather off of Nassau has forced two overnights (Norwegian Sky - still docked; and Carnival Victory - left this morning), an abandoned attempt (Enchantment of the Seas), and one still trying (Costa Deliziosa)...

http://www.portnassauwebcam.com

:D

No cruise planned?? That is just not fair!

I hope you are well-- happy to see your "handle" around these parts!

Take care!

TL

No cruise planned?? That is just not fair!

I hope you are well-- happy to see your "handle" around these parts!

Take care!

TL

Still shooting for Anthem of the Seas in September to Bermuda. I've booked a huge balcony in a Solo Studio that was a steal. I'm determined to make that cruise even if I have to quit my job! lol :eek::D

Still shooting for Anthem of the Seas in September to Bermuda. I've booked a huge balcony in a Solo Studio that was a steal. I'm determined to make that cruise even if I have to quit my job! lol :eek::D

... And when you make that cruise- be sure to post a link to your live from! I would love to see the ship through your eyes!