Port Everglades

jagsfan

I've been going back to the Port Everglades web cam, and haven't seen any ships moving.

They're sitting at the piers, with lights on, but nothing going on.

Is it me? Computer blindness after several hours?

It's after 6pm, so if we were on board we'd be eating dinner and looking at the port.

I've been going back to the Port Everglades web cam, and haven't seen any ships moving.

It's after 6pm, so if we were on board we'd be eating dinner and looking at the port.

I'm sure they are waiting for passengers on delayed flights.

Edited by Todd320

Could be delayed flights.

Looks like the web cam is not updated......

coral_bridge.jpg?1483830662978

Edited by Colo Cruiser

All ships are waiting on passengers. Very few flights have made it in to FLL today. Only 2 out of 12 Delta flights out of Atlanta got into FLL today. They are once again bussing people in from airports all over south Florida.

Delta and Air Canada were not able to operate in T2 until this afternoon so there are alot of passengers arriving late.

Harmony was scheduled to depart at 7:00 but still in port until 7:20

Conquest now scheduled for 8:00

Eurodam now scheduled for 8:30

Freedom now scheduled for 8:35

Coral now scheduled for 9:00

According to the ship schedule at http://www.porteverglades.net departures will be spread out from 7:00 to 11:00 tonight. Certainly expected with the issues at FLL. (Seems like someone doesn't watch the news much)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I figured the airport issues would be pretty much back to normal from yesterday's horrible violence.

What I wasn't thinking about was the weather for the people flying from the frozen north.

So obviously I was in La La Land.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I missed Coral, darn it. Just watched Eurodam.

Much as I wish I was onboard one, I love seeing them lit up at night when we see a ship at sea at night, they're too far away.

I figured the airport issues would be pretty much back to normal from yesterday's horrible violence.

What I wasn't thinking about was the weather for the people flying from the frozen north.

So obviously I was in La La Land.

As a local resident who disembarked Coral this morning, can confirm that there was nothing "back to normal" about FLL airport for much of today, with many stranded still trying to get in or out since yesterday. Right before we disembarked at 11am (35 mins past scheduled call time), the captain made a ship-wide announcement to the crew that departure was delayed until 9PM. Our limo service driver had been going crazy driving FLL-intended people to/from MIA and WPB airport alternative flights since yesterday, also had just returned from diverting someone to WPB, and was going to be busy booked doing this for most of the day. He mentioned seeing many stranded w/luggage in hotel lobbies and throughout the port/airport area.

Hoping that all/most people coming in were able to do so in time for the delayed departure.

Dave-- thank you for this. Wanted to watch. Got sidetracked. Love an evening sail away. :)

It was an incredibly rare situation in which six ships were all still in port well after nightfall. It was well worth watching all of these beautiful ladies slip silently out of port, although there was some hooting and hollering too from the decks and condos...

All images in the next few posts courtesy of http://www.portevergladeswebcam.com who was fantastic enough to be there for this.

Harmony of the Seas

32136685116_dc8a2d81a9_z_d.jpg

32136685156_ba2e5669e5_z_d.jpg

32136685196_cb08e8b501_z_d.jpg

32136685216_bac00d2b83_z_d.jpg

32136685286_b1e42ede22_z_d.jpg