diamond club & significant other

My husband and I just reached diamond status. We are taking our daughter age 34, and granddaughter age 6 on their first cruise. They live with us and have proof of address, will our daughter be able to go to the Diamond Lounge with us? I wasn't sure if it is just spouses, or if they extend status benefits to other family members of the same address.

No, it only extends to kids under 18.

My husband and I just reached diamond status. We are taking our daughter age 34, and granddaughter age 6 on their first cruise. They live with us and have proof of address, will our daughter be able to go to the Diamond Lounge with us? I wasn't sure if it is just spouses, or if they extend status benefits to other family members of the same address.

The benefits (C&A status) are extended to spouses or significant others at the same address. Crown and Anchor membership is required and I believe that membership is available only after one cruise has been completed, so it would not be possible to have the same status as a spouse/SO on a first cruise.

I have Diamond status on my cards. I did not use Diamond lounge because others in party had no access to lounge -- they earned points before they were 18 and before changing names through marriage. Yeah it is a long battle that we more or less ignore now as just not worth it. They are now emeralds under their own married names. We had 3 drinks loaded to our Diamond cards (hubby and me) Jan. 3, 2017 on Navigator of the Seas. We do not drink alcohol. The bar tenders refused outright to do any drink that was frozen. They refused to do all the virgin drinks I know how to order including virgin mojitos (not frozen ). When asked they said could have fruit punch or soda!! WOW what a Diamond benefit! It is getting harder every cruise to get anything! Each bar tender holds his own rules it seems.

Went to the Crown and Anchor party with the Captain. Captain was not there as he had early duty the next day. It was held at 7:30 in the Solarium area between the 2 hot tubs! There were only a total of 8 bar stools for the 812 Crown and Anchor members eligible to attend! So stand up. on the wet deck. The invitation asked for you to follow night's dress code but apparently the folks (about 20) in the hot tubs were in formal or smart casual swim wear (they did go and get drinks!). The drinks were champaign or pale something in flute. Blue Margarita or Red Margarita in short glasses. No non-alcoholic made it to us. Well mannered folks hijacked the 2 waiters as they brought the drinks out the door. I never made it around there as you had to get around the hot tub with too many people standing there. So in short. Don't worry about Diamond -- really not at all worth bothering with. I think RCCL should just drop the party if they don't want to staff it, have it in a better environment, have it at a time it does not conflict with MDR. They did give a bottle of champaign to the most traveled member -- an elderly lady with 2,800 + days on RCCL. She gets it every time!:D Anyway enjoy your cruise. I have had better luck with Diamond benefits on other cruises but have been hassled by C&A (prove your status again) on other cruises too. Not really worth much except maybe the balcony discount.

First off, frozen drinks have never been included in D and above "free drinks". Second, there are only certain drinks included in the coupons and lounges and mojitos aren't one of them. If you paid attention, you'd know there is a list of what is allowed/offered. I'm not sure what the second paragraph has to do with the OPs question.

Edited by BND

The benefits (C&A status) are extended to spouses or significant others at the same address. Crown and Anchor membership is required and I believe that membership is available only after one cruise has been completed, so it would not be possible to have the same status as a spouse/SO on a first cruise.

You can sign up before taking the first cruise.

. Crown and Anchor membership is required and I believe that membership is available only after one cruise has been completed, so it would not be possible to have the same status as a spouse/SO on a first cruise.

Not so I have added my fiance to my diamond status he has never cruised before crown and anchor gave him ID number straight away and hes diamond on my upcoming cruise.

Regarding others before I added my fiance on my mum was given same status as me too and is still sitting as diamond in her profile as well. She has done 3 cruises with me.