Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

That’s it for another night; tomorrow we disembark and get on Norwegian Getaway.

Really enjoying your review thus far! We are also from Canada (Ontario) and contemplating cruising on the Vista or Getaway in December of this year with our kids. Looking forward to the rest of your review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really enjoying your review thus far! We are also from Canada (Ontario) and contemplating cruising on the Vista or Getaway in December of this year with our kids. Looking forward to the rest of your review!!

Thank you. :)

Loving the review. We sail the Vista April 8th. We are also Canadians, (Fort McMurray). Although the weather has been mild the last couple of days I cannot wait for some much needed Sunshine!!! #honeymooncruise

Thank you, hope you have a wonderful cruise.

That Dreamscape is absolutely gorgeous, even in pictures. Can't imagine what it's like "in person" BUT wish they had put it somewhere else. I LOVE the multi level atriums on most of the ships. Also, we always decorated our cabin door. There has been talk of only fire retardant decorations allowed now. i would imagine the decorations you took pictures of were fire retardant? Were there many doors decorated? Thanks again for taking us on this cruise and looking forward to the next one! :)

That Dreamscape is absolutely gorgeous, even in pictures. Can't imagine what it's like "in person" BUT wish they had put it somewhere else. I LOVE the multi level atriums on most of the ships. Also, we always decorated our cabin door. There has been talk of only fire retardant decorations allowed now. i would imagine the decorations you took pictures of were fire retardant? Were there many doors decorated? Thanks again for taking us on this cruise and looking forward to the next one! :)

Yes there was quite a few doors that were decorated, probably due to the higher number of Platinum and Diamond cruisers onboard.

Day 1 Embarkation

Sunday, November 27th

We were out of our cabin at 8:30 a.m. and made our way to the lido Marketplace to say our goodbyes to Ashley and Curtis. They were not coming on our next cruise due to work commitments. We really missed them; they were a lot a fun.

Our voyage

Cruising%202016%201945_zpsfzkgo6rq.jpg

Carnival Splendor

Cruising%202016%201946_zps0icpqe9h.jpg

Cruising%202016%201947_zpssvu5oymw.jpg

Cruising%202016%201948_zpskhfjgjzb.jpg

Cruising%202016%201949_zpshtg7tr61.jpg

Cruising%202016%201950_zpsqw3dfiht.jpg

We checked in at 11:00 a.m. and were onboard at 11:50. Unlike Carnival we were not allowed cans of soda in our carry-on and we had to pay a corkage fee of $15 for each bottle of wine we brought onboard. Also pre-purchased bottles of water on Norwegian is expensive ($5.50 per litre) so we brought our own filtered water bottles that we filled up every day. As mentioned earlier my photo time stamp is the wrong year and is ahead by one hour.

I will be making some comparisons between the two cruise lines throughout the review with a more detailed comparison at the end of the review.

Cruising%202016%201957_zpsz7hpqxrf.jpg

Cruising%202016%201958_zps0zaj1ifm.jpg

Cruising%202016%201959_zpsl0x8otcu.jpg

Cruising%202016%201960_zps8vpeevzj.jpg

Cruising%202016%201961_zpsjiwtsjxo.jpg

Cruising%202016%201962_zpsjuyfnd2v.jpg

Hooray!! You are boarding the Getaway! I hope you love her as much as I did! As I think I mentioned, I rebooked her for January 2018, but plan to book a Carnival cruise for 2019 (because I have enough reward points for a free cruise), so I want to see your comparison. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful review so far! 😊