Mike & Tracy's continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Vista & Norwegean Getaway

MikeyA53

I tried to take a photo of one of the ships that was travelling with us back to Florida.

Cruising%202016%201941_zpsthpuy8fd.jpg

Late to the party, but great review, thanks for all the work to share it. I was thinking maybe that was us on the Disney Magic - we were returning to Miami the same night you were. We were excited to see the Vista in port the next day because we're seriously considering her for our next trip. Your photos are helping too.

Late to the party, but great review, thanks for all the work to share it. I was thinking maybe that was us on the Disney Magic - we were returning to Miami the same night you were. We were excited to see the Vista in port the next day because we're seriously considering her for our next trip. Your photos are helping too.

Thanks, glad you liked it. Mike

• 1 month later...

We did the same Breeze Itinerary as you but in May 2014 and are now booked on the Conquest for a similar itinerary for Easter 2018 but Princess Cays instead of La Romana. Son will be 15 and daughter just 18. We did Irietours east in Curacao last time and just the bus to palm beach in Aruba. My 15 year old loves cruises but is not big on port stops but we won't leave him on board for the day (we may leave the kids for an hour or 2 in Curacao in the evening) We will be in Curacao 10am-11pm and Aruba 8am - 4 pm I was looking at your Jolly Pirates review on here and in 2013. Is there still a way to reserve without prepaying. Are there many teens on this pirate ship. Daughter and I will enjoy ourselves (though no alcohol for her) hubby may not snorkel but may get in the water, don't think son will get in the water, probably won't eat the lunch stuff, too young to drink etc so just wondering are there things to occupy him on board. Also any thoughts for a long port stop in Curacao - I know Irietours has longer tours, just not sure if that's a good option for us.

We did the same Breeze Itinerary as you but in May 2014 and are now booked on the Conquest for a similar itinerary for Easter 2018 but Princess Cays instead of La Romana. Son will be 15 and daughter just 18. We did Irietours east in Curacao last time and just the bus to palm beach in Aruba. My 15 year old loves cruises but is not big on port stops but we won't leave him on board for the day (we may leave the kids for an hour or 2 in Curacao in the evening) We will be in Curacao 10am-11pm and Aruba 8am - 4 pm I was looking at your Jolly Pirates review on here and in 2013. Is there still a way to reserve without prepaying.

I believe you have to pay to reserve it, another option is to just show up and pay at the ticket office but you run the chance of it being fully booked. I did see some people doing just that on both my trips on the Jolly Pirate.

Are there many teens on this pirate ship.

No, maybe 3 or 4.

Daughter and I will enjoy ourselves (though no alcohol for her) hubby may not snorkel but may get in the water, don't think son will get in the water, probably won't eat the lunch stuff, too young to drink etc so just wondering are there things to occupy him on board.

Not really, if he won't get in the water there is not much else to do. What we enjoyed was the snorkelling, rope swing, the drinks and food and laying out in the sun.

Also any thoughts for a long port stop in Curacao - I know Irietours has longer tours, just not sure if that's a good option for us.

Curacao is a beautiful port to just walk around, try their unique cuisine.

I was on the Carnival Vista a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to interview a few staff members during the trip. Everyone was amazing!

[/url][/url]

It was nice to see Matt the cruise director and No No on your video, loved them, good job. I can honestly say that of all my cruises the crew on the Vista was the probably the best overall.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi. There are a lot of us on cruise critic who love your reviews. Have you done any recently from any cruise line. As a former Alberta who now lives in Florida I love to follow Canadian reviews. I also have quite a few first responders in my family so am always thankful for your service to your country and community 

• Like 2