Allure of the Seas Jan 2 - Jan 8 Bar / Drink package review

A very quick question for everyone. I am not a big drinker at all, and I am thinking about getting the Non-Alcoholic Drink Package. Is it worth the money? I really like soda but also like the idea of the juices and water that is included in this package. I would most likely get a non-alcoholic drink during a show each night and possibly a frozen drink to end my night. Is it worth it?

Thanks in Advance...

A very quick question for everyone. I am not a big drinker at all, and I am thinking about getting the Non-Alcoholic Drink Package. Is it worth the money? I really like soda but also like the idea of the juices and water that is included in this package. I would most likely get a non-alcoholic drink during a show each night and possibly a frozen drink to end my night. Is it worth it?

Thanks in Advance...

Non-alcoholic drinks are around $5. Soda around $3. Fresh squeezed OJ around $4. With these numbers, you should be able to figure out if the package will save you money.

Are most of the frozen alcoholic drinks in the $12 range? Do they still have the drink of the day and, if so, do you know the cost for that? It's usually quite a bit cheaper. Also, beer is generally $7-8? Trying to decide whether to get the drink package. Thanks.

Are most of the frozen alcoholic drinks in the $12 range? Do they still have the drink of the day and, if so, do you know the cost for that? It's usually quite a bit cheaper. Also, beer is generally $7-8? Trying to decide whether to get the drink package. Thanks.

Yes most frozen drinks are in the $12-13 range plus tip . If your cruise stops at Labadee then getting the package is a no brainer as it carries over to the island. If not then I still believe the Package is the way to go. You will need to consume 4-5 drinks to break even. Which for us was easy with a pre dinner drink some wine at dinner and a few drinks at the shows not to mention any we may have during the day.

I see what you mean. We're not going to Labadee and are going to be gone almost all day when we're in ports, so that's why I'm trying to decide whether it would be worth it. There used to be a special drink of the day every day that was around $8, but this was several years ago and someone else responded that they don't remember seeing it recently. Do you know if they still have it? Maybe I should just book the package now while it's on sale and then cancel it later if I decide not to get it. Thanks for the info.

I was a procrastinator also. I booked my package back in November for a sail date of May. The total cost of the drink package was $759.00 for 2 people. I just finally bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and purchased it. I now feel good about my decision but that was a lot of money to cough up.

I was a procrastinator also. I booked my package back in November for a sail date of May. The total cost of the drink package was $759.00 for 2 people. I just finally bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and purchased it. I now feel good about my decision but that was a lot of money to cough up.

It is a tough pill to swallow when you see that number pop up on the screen. But honestly in retrospect it was a very wise choice. You have no idea how good it felt at the end of the cruise not to get this 8 page bill having to sort through all the various bar charges.

Bow and Stern - Deck 5 Royal Promenade . Pre cruise I really believed this is where I would spend a majority of my evenings as I love pubs. However it did not work out that way by the end of the cruise. I was some what disappointed in the very limited selection of offering available on tap. Actually limited is being kind I believe they only had 2 items on draught. The pub is cozy with a nice vibe. They offer nightly entertainment with a gentleman playing the guitar and singing songs. Although good we did not find him to be remotely close to be as entertaining as Matt in the Piano Bar. They offer a wide selection of bottle beer as well as mixed beer cocktails. Did not find this venue to be as busy as other bars and lounges on the ship.

I felt that the RP pub on all 5 of the Royal ships that I've sailed have been greatly underutilized. I too enjoy a pub atmosphere and envisioned this as a popular place, but it NEVER seems to be full of people (even with singers performing) and often is completely empty when I go in to get a beer to go. On a recent cruise, they started with 2 beers on tap, but that dropped to 1 and stayed at 1 after day 2 or 3. Really?? Can't even tap a new keg? Why not install about 20 taps and have a wide variety of beer styles on tap? That's hugely popular where I live and I've read about other cruise lines with beer themed venues like this. Might inject some life back into the pub.

When we cruised Allure, we tried to get a drink everywhere on the ship that we could, including all bars, restaurants, entertainment venues...even room service. Other than a few specialty restaurants that we missed, I THINK we accomplished our goal. There are just too many places that serve drinks to be sure. :D

I felt that the RP pub on all 5 of the Royal ships that I've sailed have been greatly underutilized. I too enjoy a pub atmosphere and envisioned this as a popular place, but it NEVER seems to be full of people (even with singers performing) and often is completely empty when I go in to get a beer to go. On a recent cruise, they started with 2 beers on tap, but that dropped to 1 and stayed at 1 after day 2 or 3. Really?? Can't even tap a new keg? Why not install about 20 taps and have a wide variety of beer styles on tap? That's hugely popular where I live and I've read about other cruise lines with beer themed venues like this. Might inject some life back into the pub.

When we cruised Allure, we tried to get a drink everywhere on the ship that we could, including all bars, restaurants, entertainment venues...even room service. Other than a few specialty restaurants that we missed, I THINK we accomplished our goal. There are just too many places that serve drinks to be sure. :D

Yes I certainly expected more then one or 2 beers on tap that was pretty sad especially for a pub. However it is what it is. Cheers !

Can anyone tell me the cost ($) of the drink package on the Allure? I know they have 3 packages, I am interested in the alcohol drink package. Do both people in the room have to purchase it?

The Alcohol package usually runs in the $45-$55 range. You can look online for your cruise and might find a discounted price on it as well

I'm currently holding my drinks package in my basket at app. £313 pp. I don't sale until October tho. Can I ask what the discount of 25% off brought the price down to for the OP? :)

Also, there is no mention in the drinks package of spirits and mixers (apart from cocktails!) I take it you can get vodka, gin etc.... with a mixer as part of this package?

I'm currently holding my drinks package in my basket at app. £313 pp. I don't sale until October tho. Can I ask what the discount of 25% off brought the price down to for the OP? :)

Also, there is no mention in the drinks package of spirits and mixers (apart from cocktails!) I take it you can get vodka, gin etc.... with a mixer as part of this package?

G'day , yes we paid just over $800 CDN $$$ for 2 drink packages. It was worth every single penny. Yes I had a number of Vodka base drinks they were all included. As long as the price in the drink menue is $13 or under the drink will be included. I hope that helps cheers !