Dining Question Norwegian Escape

new2cruising26

We are getting ready to board the Escape in just a few weeks and have never cruised before. We made most of our dining reservations either at 7 or 7:30. Is this too late? Seems like they push for 5:30 or 6:00 reservations so you can make it to various shows on board (comedy/dueling pianos).

Additionally, if we have a reservation a complimentary restaurant and don't show up, will there be a charge? I know they will charge for the specialty restaurants.

Thanks!

When you choose to eat is your personal preference. Some people eat early (between 5 and 6) and see the 7:30 show in the theater. Others choose to eat at 7 and see the late show. There are always two showtimes each evening. I would say just play it by ear and see what you prefer.

No charge for missing a reservation in the complimentary dining rooms.

There are windows they do not allow you to make reservations for MDR's so it's not that it seems like they are doing that, they are. It's not to push you to the shows, but rather to allow people to elect to eat early/late and leave peak times more open IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are thinkin,g of a speciality restaurant you can book them on line sometimes, If not its a good idea to book them 1st day on ship, some days and times can get very busy, and enjoy.Teppanki restaurant was amazing on the escape

Seems like they push for 5:30 or 6:00 reservations so you can make it to various shows on board (comedy/dueling pianos).
The Howl at the Moon dueling piano show is 4 nights a week from 900-100, so it really doesn't matter when you eat, you can still see the show. The comedy shows are at the same location, Headliners, the other 3 nights with shows at 7, 9 and 11. The 7 and 9 shows are family oriented, while the 11 shows are adult oriented. Make your reservations for these shows on embarkation day as soon as you board or right after you eat lunch if you get on board early. They will be sold out by dinner time and then you're stuck with stand by seating 10 minutes before the show starts if you don't have reservations.

I have found that planning it out in advance is always best. We are going on the Escape in May. I have everything planned out including dinner reservation times. As soon as we are able, we will book those reservations. Once we are on board, things often change, but we decide that and cancel if we want to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi. Thanks for these tips. As for reserving for the Comedy. I see I should do it as soon as I get on. Where/How? New to NCL. Can I reserve all shows at once? Can I reserve for the couple we are travelling with as well, or do they need to do their own?

Dinner reservations: getting confused here. We will be mainly just eating in the main dining rooms. Do we reserve for this? I thought it was a show up and line up system? Suggestions. As for planning the evenings a bit, how long does it take to eat in the dining rooms, generally?

Getting so excited now. Any newbe suggestions greatly appreciated.

Dinner reservations: getting confused here. We will be mainly just eating in the main dining rooms. Do we reserve for this? I thought it was a show up and line up system?

There is absolutely no need to book the complementary restaurants unless you are a big group.