MSC Guarantee cabins and cabin assignments

primadonut

We are booked on the Divina in March in a Fantastica Inside Guarantee. We got an assignment to 13140 which is a smaller sized Fantastica Balcony. Is it likely that our cabin assignment will change again before sailing or can we rest assured that we got this upgrade?

Same thing just happened to me. Im sailing next month...I booked an inside guarantee, and then I was assigned 13126, which is a balcony. I called MSC, and they said that once a cabin is assigned, they won't change it unless the guest requests it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Kroozen, and congrats on the upgrade...I'm envious of your extra space, that is an Aurea cabin! That being said, I'm not complaining about getting a balcony when all I paid for was four walls :-D hurray, glad to hear that this is probably a permanent assignment :-)

Thanks, I'm excited. Just an FYI though, it's only an Aurea as far as space goes...they were very quick to tell me that when you get an upgrade, and it includes an "experience" change, you don't get the added benefits of that new experience. So I have the added space and a balcony, but since I originally booked fantastica, I remain fantastica.

We got the same pleasantly surprising news yesterday! Upgraded from an inside guarantee to I believe 11127... balcony!! This will be our fourth cruise and I've always had inside cabins. We got an oceanview cabin for our second room on the ship (which was going to be ours - the kids were going in the inside cabin lol). But yay we got a balcony!

We got the same pleasantly surprising news yesterday! Upgraded from an inside guarantee to I believe 11127... balcony!! This will be our fourth cruise and I've always had inside cabins. We got an oceanview cabin for our second room on the ship (which was going to be ours - the kids were going in the inside cabin lol). But yay we got a balcony!

Amanda out of curiosity, did they keep your rooms close together on the ship? I am wondering for our family in the future...I have been nervous about booking a guarantee needing two rooms as our kids are younger (under 12)

Kroozen,Yes I figure that is why they are doing it, trying to keep all the categories open to attract as many bookings as possible....I wonder how my friend will fare, she booked a bella balcony guarantee, I'm guessing she will at least have a fantastica balcony (without the fantastica perks) but who knows! It was definitely a nice surprise :-)

Booked Divina in March with a Guarantee Inside and also just got the Balcony upgrade to 13145. I am sailing solo and can't wait to enjoy the sunrises from my balcony.

we too Booked Divina in March with a Guarantee Inside and also just got the Balcony upgrade to 11222. Excited to have a large balcony. It will be our 1st MSC cruise.

Sadly we booked 4 cabins with the inside guarantee, 3 of them were the Bella Experience, one said the Bella was sold out so the last I had to book a Fantastica. Of the 3 that booked a Bella, we all got an inside cabin. Truly there was no benefit to paying the $80 for the Fantastica as the only benefit was no charge on room service. Big deal. However the 4th cabin that we were forced to book Fantastica wound up with a balcony. That too was a cabin we had with an 18 and 19 year old. Rep told us more than likely since they were both young we would be kept fairly close together since we linked all 4 bookings.

Just kind of sad that they upgraded one cabin out of a group of 4 they knew were traveling together. My dad was only given a Bella category inside, the other 2 cabins got a Fantastica inside location, and the Balcony was a Fantastica location. My mom was a bit disappointed too as she has sailed on MSC 5 times.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that got an upgrade. When you first made your reservation were you assigned a inside cabin number then MSC upgraded you? Or was your cabin a To Be Assigned and then you were upgraded any info would be appreciated. Also were you all Inside guarantee Fantastica? I booked what I thought was an inside Bella Guarantee but was assigned a quad cabin for just the two of us at the time of booking. Do we have a chance of an upgrade.

For those that got an upgrade. When you first made your reservation were you assigned a inside cabin number then MSC upgraded you? Or was your cabin a To Be Assigned and then you were upgraded any info would be appreciated. Also were you all Inside guarantee Fantastica? I booked what I thought was an inside Bella Guarantee but was assigned a quad cabin for just the two of us at the time of booking. Do we have a chance of an upgrade.

I was inside guarantee fantastica. Did not receive any room assignment until 3 weeks later I got the email with the balcony assigned.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I was inside guarantee fantastica. Did not receive any room assignment until 3 weeks later I got the email with the balcony assigned.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks, my chances for an upgrade is out the window.

I would think you might still have a chance at an upgrade, as you are only two people and your cabin holds four. I am guessing it would be based on demand.

We booked 2 cabins with the Bella inside guarantee, both of us had a cabin assignment in less than 4 days, we were given inside cabins within the Fantastica area. Cruise was booked in December, sailing is in March.

Booked another 2 inside cabins in January, one a Bella and one a Fantastica (they said all Bellas were then sold out and wouldn't let me book 2). The one that I was forced to do the Fantastica was upgraded to a balcony (they had a cabin assignment 3 days after booking). The other cabin that booked a Bella was given an inside Bella about 2 weeks after booking.

Reps really thought the last two would have been closer together, since I had to book an 18 and 19 year old in a cabin together. Originally they told me I couldn't do it, but came back and said as long as all our cabins were linked together they could book them in a room. The two youngest were given the balcony - go figure.

We are booked on the Divina in March in a Fantastica Inside Guarantee. We got an assignment to 13140 which is a smaller sized Fantastica Balcony. Is it likely that our cabin assignment will change again before sailing or can we rest assured that we got this upgrade?

You are underneath the pool which means lots on chair scraping and other noises, change if you can.

You are underneath the pool which means lots on chair scraping and other noises, change if you can.
It's actually under the buffet. I read on another site that in this particular cabin you could hear occasional sounds but it was quite minimal so we will just stay with it and we'll bring earplugs just in case ;-)

I think they're doing everything they can to fill the ship, so they're making the insides very cheap to attract new bookings. Then they're upgrading already booked passengers to free up more inside cabins.

That is what happened to me. I booked an inside and was moved to an o/v when the rates dropped to make up for the price difference. But it was a pretty sucky cabin. Very tight and hardly any storage space. I think it was 8188.