Upsell

shark5

I got an email It gave me set prices for higher cabins. I went from an aft balcony to a forward penthouse. You don't get any additional perks for being in the suite but you keep the ones you had.

Some people call up to the day of sailing and get a better price on unsold suites.

I called upsell Friday and asked for their offers, I was booked in a BB mid ship balcony (that I got for a steal!) on the 1/21/17 Epic. They offered 2 bedroom Haven Villa for $500 more pp, or Deluxe Owners suite for $1250 pp. They wouldn't haggle this time, and we took the Family Villa.

If your cruise is on Escape, Getaway or Epic, I don't think you can call upsell number, as you have to use the bid auction (email will be sent to you). For other cruisers, it seems to be best to wait to within a few weeks of the cruise to call Upsell.

What the heck is an upsell? and what can I do to get a shot at one?

sharkman

There are no upsells on the Eacape or Getaway. They use a bid process to auction off unsold suites.

On other ships, about two weeks prior to sailing, they will sell unsold suites for a discounted price. Select cruisers get an email with pricing. Usually starting at $500 per person for a small suite going up to around $1500 per person for owners suites. You can also call a couple of weeks to sailing for an upsell. For a decent suite, plan to drop an additional $2000-$3000 for a couple. If you bought insurance, that price will jump to cover the full cost of the suite.

Edited by BirdTravels

[

If your cruise is on Escape, Getaway or Epic, I don't think you can call upsell number, as you have to use the bid auction (email will be sent to you). For other cruisers, it seems to be best to wait to within a few weeks of the cruise to call Upsell.

I meant Breakaway, not Epic, re the bid auction