Getaway Embarkation & UBP Review 1.15.2017

anonmom

Can't wait to read the rest of your review! Love the food pictures! If possible can you please post some of the MDR dinner menus? We will be on the GA this summer and I would love to get an idea.

I didn't get a pic last night, but we ate at the Tropicana Room & I had the Steak Frites, from the everyday/classic menu, but I subbed in steamed veggies instead of fries and it was awesome. I ordered it rare and it actually came rare, nice char on the outside, little pink layer, nice red center. Garlic butter on top has real fresh garlic in in, not a powder or a jarred/preminced garlic. Steamed veggies were nice and crisp still in the center - perfectly done.

Ryan had the skirt steak, medium rare, very good, with fabulous fried yucca and asparagus. Natalia had the blackened Mahi Mahi, with rice and asparagus and a sweet vinaigrette, also amazing. Both of those were from the nightly menu.

I'll try to upload more drink pics from Sugarcane (mojito bar) later, but right now I need to snorkel!! (We're at Bananarama, got a taxi here for $30, no cover if you don't need a beach lounger, free wifi if you order drinks, rum punch are 2 for $7)ab4a480279a498f5ead5b97f2af14db4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Thanks! That confirms another report. How is he?

Great! Very personable, rather handsome. Started chatting with me randomly on the dance floor one night in a way that felt friendly without being creepy. And he is somehow everywhere at once, wearing a different outfit every time you see him, even if only an hour has passed since the last sighting.

Enjoy the cruise! We'll be on the Getaway at the end of February.

So are we, for our annual "Get Away From The Cold" cruise. Last year CCL Breeze, this year back to NCL and Getaway.... Feb 26th sailing. We're also on the Roll Call and on FB (search for "Norwegian Getaway February 26 2017").... Maybe we'll see you aboard!

I also had, but apparently didn't photograph, a Last Mango in Paris (good, but a bit sweet), a Havana's & Bananas (good, though frozen drinks aren't really my thing), a Watermelon Margarita (excellent), and an Incommunicado (good, but basically a fruity Long Island)

What are the specials at Oshenngian on Sundays, is it still prime rib

Yes, and there is prime rib at the buffet one night, too.

7474e7e3065959e0b47941b31fddabe7.jpg

Here is the Chill Bar menu.

55df2db841dc2291e8528950a92de89d.jpg

Here is the Margaritaville food menu. We didn't eat at any of the specialty restaurants, but I took a pic while I was at the bar.