Getaway Embarkation & UBP Review 1.15.2017

anonmom

Standing in line in Terminal B at POM waiting to get on the Getaway. We got here at 12:30 and it was too early. Checking bags was easy, and security only took 2 minutes, but we've been in the check-in line for 45 minutes now and we're only about halfway through.

Dreaming of my UBP options for as soon as we get on board. Who has sailed on the Getaway recently? Where should I get my first drink? What should it be?

I'll post pics of all of the drinks I have before sail away, so recommend some fun stuff! We'll want to grab something at the most convenient bar as soon as we board, but then we'll go in search of something exciting for our secund and third drinks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Stayed at the La Quinta East for the free airport & port shuttles, but it wasn't really worth it. $190 for a very average room, but bathroom light was burnt out and shuttle blew right past us at the airport, so we didn't get a good first impression. Also, no restaurant nearby, so we paid $25 for delivery of a really terrible medium pizza and a small salad. I feel like I would have rather just stayed at the MIA hotel for convenience, or else paid a bit more to stay somewhere fun like South Beach.

Finally checking in now, so about an hour wait total. Not sure if they added more staff, but the line was suddenly moving *much* faster.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

We will be at the port of Miami with our happy faces on while you are getting off the ship with your sad faces on in seven days. Have a groovy cruise and I can't wait to read the rest of your posts!

We are also wanting to find out if Evelyn is the bartender in the Haven. I've asked a couple of times on your Roll Call. Can you ask someone staying in the Haven this week (during your Meet and Greet tomorrow) if they can report back on this, pretty please? We would love to see her again next week!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by realcindylouwho

We are also wanting to find out if Evelyn is the bartender in the Haven. I've asked a couple of times on your Roll Call. Can you ask someone staying in the Haven this week (during your Meet and Greet tomorrow) if they can report back on this, pretty please? We would love to see her again next week!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We were on Getaway in October 2016 and the bartender in the Haven lounge was Lovely- she was awesome!!

Check out the Flamingo Grill for some great Latin style cuisine. The fried plantains are amazing! One of my favorite free lunch spots! Also if you meet an Arthur from the Phillipines he makes some of the best drinks like Moscow Mules. He was bartender at Prime Meridian when we were on in May.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Flamingo Grill is long gone, replaced by the a la carte Margaritaville.

Wow that's a bummer. I loved Flamingo Grill. Well hope you get some good drinks and find a great bartender! I would recommend dinner on the Waterfront at Cagney's as well. Best food on the ship!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk