Platinum

PapafromMaine

Tandemcruzr ~ I think you may be correct in saying that we need a different PVP. I called our current one again and she still said to hold on to the FTTF. I called Carnival and spoke with a much more knowledgeable PVP who told me I would be eligible to be a Platinum cruiser on our upcoming trip. She also helped me with another issue and even checked with a supervisor to confirm information for me. My question today is this...do you have any info on how I can go about changing to a different PVP? The one I have been using is nice, but doesn't seem to ever go out of the way if I ask questions. I think it's time for someone different!

That's why my next cruise is 8 nights, as I sitting right at 67 days and thus needed that 1 little extra day to make it 75 and my first Platinum cruise :D

I've already done our math. We'll need 8,8,7 in any combo to be Platinum for that 3rd cruise. I think it'll work out as we travel by air and never do anything shorter than 7. Plus Aruba is on the bucket list.

On our next cruise, we will turn platinum on the last day of our cruise. Will we be considered platinum for this cruise or will it be the next?

Yes, if your cruise causes you to cross the threshold into platinum while on your cruise, you will be platinum the entire cruise. This happened to us when we crossed into gold territory.

I've already done our math. We'll need 8,8,7 in any combo to be Platinum for that 3rd cruise. I think it'll work out as we travel by air and never do anything shorter than 7. Plus Aruba is on the bucket list.

Actually, I have a better idea. I suspect we'll be in position for Platinum about the time we retire. I think it'll be a Journey that puts us over the top. Yeah, that's the ticket. :)

At what age do you start collecting days st sea? my son is 22 know has been on many cruises as a child. Does he get credit for days at sea as a child or only as an adult?

They count when you're a child. I do not know if Carnival has a 'free infant' policy but I would assume that no days are counted if someone is sailing gratis, assuming that exists at all.

We are in the same boat, turning Platinum on last day of our next cruise. We board Saturday so will know first hand very soon. We really hope this is the case

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check your boarding documents. I will be turning platinum even though I reach 75 on the 5th day. My boarding pass now says platinum.

They count when you're a child. I do not know if Carnival has a 'free infant' policy but I would assume that no days are counted if someone is sailing gratis, assuming that exists at all.

Unfortunately, there is no "free infant" policy on Carnival. We are taking our 9 month old next week and paid the 3rd person rate. Hoping to have him Platinum before he's a teenager! :cool:

that you guys have the facts regarding turning platinum on a cruise. I am currently at 71 days and doing an 8 day cruise in 2 weeks. I called and asked my PVP what my status would be on the upcoming cruise and she advised me (on two different calls) that I shouldn't cancel my FTTF because I won't be able to take advantage of early boarding until after this upcoming cruise. i will finish registering for this next cruise and check to see what the documents say. I have used the same PVP for most of our cruises, but I am not sure she is savvy about details. Thanks for your help!

I am in the exact position as you. I am at 71 days and going on an 8 day cruise in April. When I check my boarding pass and documents they say "Priority" and that I am Platinum. You should not need the FTTF. Your PVP is wrong. And the Priority isn't because I am in a suite. I am in an inside cabin.

On our next cruise, we will turn platinum on the last day of our cruise. Will we be considered platinum for this cruise or will it be the next?

Yup! My husband should actually be a few days short of Gold status on our next cruise until about our 4th day. His "Official" status is not Gold, but because he will turn Gold while on this cruise, he has Gold status for the entire cruise. I kept telling him that I was gonna call Carnival and tell them it was clearly a mistake and they should not give him a Gold S&S card.

When you look at your booking documents, it will show your status on there. Good planning on your part to not earn it until the last day and your cruise, yet get the benefits for the entire cruise! I still have a ways to go. After the Breeze and Valor, I'll be 21 days short of Platinum.

Is your cruise a true 14 day cruise, or a 7 day B2B cruise. If the latter, you may only have Platinum status on the second half of your cruise.

I am sorry to say if this is your 7th sailing or you will be going over 70 days onboard whatever status you embark with is what you are for the full cruise ..... your next sailing you will presented with your pin and your key card will say platinum....Cunard's words"no mid-voyage promotions , you will receive the pin on your first voyage after achieving membership level " enjoy!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope. While Carnival doesn't advertise it, you start your cruise at whatever status you might become during the cruise. My husband is currently 4 days short of Gold, yet he will have Gold status on DAY ONE of our upcoming cruise in 20 days.

This is an interesting question. Yes you turn the next level if you reach it during your trip, however, is the last day counted? If a 7 day cruise goes Saturday to Saturday, does the last Saturday count as a day as that would be 8 days? Anyone had that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It only counts as 7 nights.