Difference between A1 and A2 on S class

BuckeyeMan

OK... Sailing first time with Celebrity in March. Booked an A2 cabin (1527). Was curious why would anyone book an A1 at a higher price with the location under the pool? It seems like the A2 cabins have a much better location.

So for Aqua class cruisers why would you choose an A1 cabin over A2? Just curious if I was missing something.

OK... Sailing first time with Celebrity in March. Booked an A2 cabin (1527). Was curious why would anyone book an A1 at a higher price with the location under the pool? It seems like the A2 cabins have a much better location.

So for Aqua class cruisers why would you choose an A1 cabin over A2? Just curious if I was missing something.

We booked an A1 once.

NEVER AGAIN for the reason you've already figured out! :D

EDIT: If I really wanted Aqua and was extremely prone to seasickness I might trade off the noise for being more in the center of the ship.

Edited by chamima

The things that make you go.... hmmmmmmmm... Let me see... Pay more $$$ for a cabin under the pool... Same deck... Granted midship but still..I thought there has to be something I am missing here. If not are some people really that gullible?

If you are a Captain's Club member, the A1 cabin costs the same as an A2. We'll book an A1 if it's on the slant of the hump with the extra large balcony. On our recent Equinox cruise, the pool deck noise wasn't that noticeable most of the time. We've also booked an A1 hump cabin for our upcoming Reflection cruise. Reflection has an extra deck so we will have a cabin above us instead of the pool, so it's definitely worth it on that ship.

If you are a Captain's Club member, the A1 cabin costs the same as an A2. We'll book an A1 if it's on the slant of the hump with the extra large balcony. On our recent Equinox cruise, the pool deck noise wasn't that noticeable most of the time. We've also booked an A1 hump cabin for our upcoming Reflection cruise. Reflection has an extra deck so we will have a cabin above us instead of the pool, so it's definitely worth it on that ship.

Ahhh... Guess I was just considering Silhouette. Looking at the layout though I was thinking besides being midship and possibly being on the slant I couldn't see the point of paying more while being under the pool.

Thanks for the input.

I agree that I would not bother with an A1 that is not on the hump. When we cruised on Silhouette, we picked one of the slightly aft A2s that was under the suites because the hump cabins were all booked. But I was willing to deal with the occasional slightly muffled music and chair scraping noises from the pool deck on our last cruise so that we could have that XL hump balcony ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our Silhouette cruise last September we originally booked 1A cabins on the slant on deck 8. After final payment there was a huge, like $2000 price drop and when we complained they moved us to A1 cabins on deck 11, no charge. Since we are not sun lovers and we were in the Med in the fall the shade from the pool deck was not an issue. We never heard any noise from above and we liked being midship. Now if I was paying for it, I doubt I would pay the differnce between A1 and A2.

Why pick an A1? location, location, location, less motion than an A2 in rough sea conditions. We prefer the A1 location. We were in an A1 under the pool deck on Solstice last September. Never did hear any noise. However we arise about 6:30/7am; I suppose if you are a late riser it is possible you might hear noise on the pool deck.