Photography Question

auie2

If you get "a lot" of pictures taken while onboard. On our last Christmas cruise, we took almost 200 and because we got the package during the first 3 days, we got the $50 discount. So, it was around $1.25 per picture. We did plan ahead to take as many pictures as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on what you intend to do with the pictures. We bought the CD so my daughter could use them along with ones we took in a photo album. It was a special cruise for us with my mother and our children. We don't buy one when it's just my husband and I. Sometimes the cruise will have a buy 10 at $180 or so you can buy beforehand. If you've cruised before and are a Crown and Anchor member you will get a coupon in that for a picture at a discounted rate.

Has any one bought the photo package? is it worth it?

Thanks,

David

I may be being picky, but I think the standard of photos is nothing better than "point and shoot as many as you can".

If this is what you like, then buy a package, but I do not rate the photography skills on RCCI, Carnival, P&O or Princess - sorry :eek:

I personally wouldn't pre-buy one. We always wait until late in the cruise, and determine what we want then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can "return" your package if you don't like any of the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like other posters have stated it depends on how many photos you take. We have a family of 5, plus my parents and my MIL were with us. We had over 350 pictures in a 7 day cruise. Much cheaper than doing professional pictures. We bought the package at the beginning of the cruise and got it for 249 or 300 can't remember the price (Dec 2015) but it was 50 off the normal price. I plan to do it again on our 13 transatlantic cruise. For me it was worth it. For my parents who cruise it wouldn't be worth it. all depends on your needs.

I may be being picky, but I think the standard of photos is nothing better than "point and shoot as many as you can".

If this is what you like, then buy a package, but I do not rate the photography skills on RCCI, Carnival, P&O or Princess - sorry :eek:

You're not being picky, unless I'm being picky with you. Most photographers seem more concerned with quantity rather than quality. We have always purchased at least one family photo every cruise. Couldn't find a single photo on our last cruise that we liked. I'd also suggest waiting to see what you like onboard before buying a package. You might be better off buying a few individual prints.

• 4 months later...
You're not being picky, unless I'm being picky with you. Most photographers seem more concerned with quantity rather than quality. We have always purchased at least one family photo every cruise. Couldn't find a single photo on our last cruise that we liked. I'd also suggest waiting to see what you like onboard before buying a package. You might be better off buying a few individual prints.

Blame the cruise line. Photographers are generally creative people, but the cruise line has it down to a science in terms of how many images they'll need in order to get x-amount of profit.

There are times when the creatives come out, and create truly unique stuff.. but again the science of making profit has very little to do with creativity.

As for the photo package question, generally if you choose the photo package on the 1-3rd day of the cruise you'll get it at a discounted price, which u can cancel/ downgrade later on.