Escape Spa Balcony vs. Aft Facing Balcony

tripleboom

So I've gone back and forth on this internally for about a month now. I booked a June 2017 sailing, and at the time I chose a Spa Balcony with access to the thermal suites. Now after seeing some of the oversized aft balconies and the view from them, I'm torn! Put yourself in my shoes. If given the choice, would to take the spa balcony with the thermal suites perk, or take the aft facing balcony with more room?

Hands down, get the aft balcony. The balcony is somewhere around 400-500% the size of the spa balcony and the review is INCREDIBLE !!

There is also no reason you can't buy spa passes with the aft balcony (we did) to have the best of both worlds ! The only thing the haven spa balcony really has over the aft balcony is the in room hot tub, and I don't know how often we would use that.

Get the aft-facing balcony and buy the spa access.

If you get the spa balcony, you can't buy the larger balcony nor the view.

Are the prices for the 2 balconies the same or similar? When adding the cost of the spa access to the aft-facing, what is the difference/which is more?

There's about a $100 price increase between the Spa Balcony and the Aft Balcony I'm eyeing. The biggest debate has been just how much we'd really use the Thermal Suites when it should be pretty nice to be outdoors in June when we're going. I guess we can always play by ear and purchase the full week spa pass if the mood strikes or the forecast suggests it to be a good idea.

Be wary of the aft balconies directly under Spice H2O. You wont be sleeping much.

I read that same thing!! Seems odd, but I don't see any availability for the aft balconies on 15, but they're going to get punished with noise! If I do make the switch, I'm leaning toward Deck 9, but wondering if being right above the Waterfront wrap around on the back of the ship would allow any passersby to see onto our balcony.

There's about a $100 price increase between the Spa Balcony and the Aft Balcony I'm eyeing. The biggest debate has been just how much we'd really use the Thermal Suites when it should be pretty nice to be outdoors in June when we're going. I guess we can always play by ear and purchase the full week spa pass if the mood strikes or the forecast suggests it to be a good idea.

I read that same thing!! Seems odd, but I don't see any availability for the aft balconies on 15, but they're going to get punished with noise! If I do make the switch, I'm leaning toward Deck 9, but wondering if being right above the Waterfront wrap around on the back of the ship would allow any passersby to see onto our balcony.

I had a deck 9 aft on escape last year, largest balconies on the ship! No the waterfront can't see into your room, nor do you hear ANY noise from below.

I had an aft balcony on the Getaway last year and the view while at sea is great, we liked it a lot better than the normal port or starboard balconies. While in port it's a toss up on the best view depending on how the boat is positioned. The aft balcony was also much larger as ours had an additional lounger. While it was slightly noisier on deck 13 aft than deck 12 port side, we would gladly do the aft again. Well actually, we were lucky enough that the Guarantee balcony gave us the aft view

I had a deck 9 aft on escape last year, largest balconies on the ship! No the waterfront can't see into your room, nor do you hear ANY noise from below.

Just the information I needed. Out of curiosity, which cabin did you choose? Bed near balcony or near the closet in that cabin? I'm thinking I'm going to call the TA today to make the switch, but would prefer the bed near the balcony.

I had an aft balcony last September on the Getaway during the Western Caribbean cruise. I also had spa passes. I used the spa much more than the balcony.

Once we left Miami, every morning in port I would attempt to go out and there would be multiple large mosquitos on the walls of the balcony. I was on the 12th floor.

Also one evening we decided to have family game night in my aunt and uncles aft balcony, they had the accessible aft cabin on the 10th floor. We had the doors open and we were all in an out. By the time game night was over they had quite a few mosquitoes in their room.

It's a matter of personal preference but I loved having spa passes. We went every day, whereas we used the balcony maybe 2x.

I've booked my next cruise and decided on a mini suite and just purchasing spa passes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I've gone back and forth on this internally for about a month now. I booked a June 2017 sailing, and at the time I chose a Spa Balcony with access to the thermal suites. Now after seeing some of the oversized aft balconies and the view from them, I'm torn! Put yourself in my shoes. If given the choice, would to take the spa balcony with the thermal suites perk, or take the aft facing balcony with more room?

I went with the spa balcony, because we love the thermal suites and spend more time there than on the balcony. Ours is a winter cruise out of NYC, so may (or may not) be cold blurry days up and down the eastern seaboard to enjoy the balcony. Also I did not want to be directly or a few floors under the Spice H2O boom boom!:D

Edited by Arzeena

Anyone have an opinion on the Bow facing cabins?

It depends on which category and which deck.

H7 (with side balcony and front facing window) are nice but certain ones are to be avoided.

Front facing ocean view lacks a balcony (only has a window).

H3 and H2 are very nice but deck 17 is better than deck 18.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for the advice! After much hemming and hawing I decided to move us to the aft balcony, cabin 9920. All that's left to do now is suffer through the rest of this Iowa winter! 148 days until Mimai!

Hi Tripleboom, I just booked the same room as you (9920) and trying to find out some information about the size of the balcony and placement of the bed. I will be sailing July 8th!:) Did you find out if the bed is by the balcony or the bathroom? It looks like we both picked a pretty good size balcony too !!!;)

Save

Save

We were in H6 11312 last August and loved it ! Decks 11 and 14 H6s have the bed inside and the bathroom tub and shower facing the balcony. We preferred that arrangement due to a darker bedroom and having the tub and shower facing the ocean view. Just beautiful. I also liked the second bathroom. Very nice. Regards, Gerry.

Hi Tripleboom, I just booked the same room as you (9920) and trying to find out some information about the size of the balcony and placement of the bed. I will be sailing July 8th!:) Did you find out if the bed is by the balcony or the bathroom? It looks like we both picked a pretty good size balcony too !!!;)

Save

Save

Nice choice TxWendy! ;) I can't remember where I finally tracked it down, but it does appear that the bed is near the balcony in our stateroom. 135 days to go! :D

Nice choice TxWendy! ;) I can't remember where I finally tracked it down, but it does appear that the bed is near the balcony in our stateroom. 135 days to go! :D

Thank you tripleboom, I was hopping the bed was by the balcony. :D I was on the Escape last July and the bed was by the bathroom and I did not like it. It was not an aft cabin. You and your wife are going to love this ship. There is so much to do! Enjoy and take good care of our room !:D

Save

Save

Save

Thank you tripleboom, I was hopping the bed was by the balcony. :D I was on the Escape last July and the bed was by the bathroom and I did not like it. It was not an aft cabin. You and your wife are going to love this ship. There is so much to do! Enjoy and take good care of our room !:D

Now I kinda want to hide a note somewhere the attendant may not find it so you can see if it's still there come July. Now I need to remember to bring tape. Be sure to check under the shelves in the closet! :D

Edited by tripleboom

Now I kinda want to hide a note somewhere the attendant may not find it so you can see if it's still there come July. Now I need to remember to bring tape. Be sure to check under the shelve in the closet! :D

LOL, I like this idea! :) I wonder if it would still be there when hubby and I get on. There is someone else before us!! Put it in a good place so no one else can find it before me!!:D Now, I can't wait to see if it will be there! Only 148 days to find out!!:eek:

Save

Save

Save