Rhapsody of the Seas

This may be an obvious question so apologies if its been asked before. We have opted for the 8.30 dining slot. Does that mean we will miss the shows / entertainment or are they laid on twice each evening ?

Twice each evening (usually 7 and 9) - you'll be attending the 7PM show.

Only my second ever cruise (coming up July).

This may be an obvious question so apologies if its been asked before. We have opted for the 8.30 dining slot. Does that mean we will miss the shows / entertainment or are they laid on twice each evening ?

Many Thanks in advance

Every night, or almost every night, there are two performances of the main entertainment. You should always be able to make one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Guys that's brilliant !:)

I guessed we wouldn't be disadvantaged but just wanted to make sure

Thanks again

This is up to you, just off Rhapsody, but if you want the full crowd, try to switch to the 5:30 dining. The bigger crowd goes to the 8:30 show. We went to one 6:30 when we decided to eat in Winjammer for dinner one night and the atmosphere just wasn't the same as the full crowd late show.

Just my two cents. Enjoy your trip.

This is up to you, just off Rhapsody, but if you want the full crowd, try to switch to the 5:30 dining. The bigger crowd goes to the 8:30 show. We went to one 6:30 when we decided to eat in Winjammer for dinner one night and the atmosphere just wasn't the same as the full crowd late show.

Just my two cents. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for this.

We anticipate that there would be fewer kids and youngsters at the later dining, hence our choice this way around. Is that a reasonable assumption to make ?

Thanks for this.

We anticipate that there would be fewer kids and youngsters at the later dining, hence our choice this way around. Is that a reasonable assumption to make ?

When we were on the ship there MIGHT have been 30-50 kids total, you got to remember this is a ship on the small side, it doesn't have as much for the kids to do as the Oasis class and way bigger ships. The crowd was a lot older as we went while school was in session. During breaks, I have no idea. And when we did eat dinner, at 5:30, there was a table next to us with children and we really didn't notice them. The waiters kept them entertained and laughing so it wasn't bad at all.

One other thing, your destination likely won't have as many kids since it's Europe and families that cruise typically look for good deals (I assume) and Europe is a little more expensive than say the Caribbean. Also I see you have only don't carnival before, and another assumption, since I've only done RCCL... LOT more kids on carnival than RCCL. They cater towards that crowd..

Additionally, after the 2 main show sittings, does there tend to be other entertainment later in the evenings ? Comedians etc ?

There was a late night comedian two nights that had adult only shows. Normally started about 11:00pm. They also have a "marriage gameshow" where they put four couples on stage and asked them adult only questions to see how much they knew about each other and other situations they had been in. We missed it but heard it was hilarious.

You also don't want to miss the "Quest" game show. It's an adult only scavenger hunt. Also hilarious and fun and it happens after the shows. It was on the last night on our 7 day cruise.

Really all the game shows are super funny because RCCL doesn't have control of what the passengers say. They just control the questions.. and it goes from there.