Viva vino package - still available?

welove2cruise*

I've been on 5 NCL cruises in the last year. Every ship was different on how they handled the program, what wines they offered, but the price was the same for the different tiers on each ship.

One ship you had to request the package. There was no table set up to sell the program. (NCL Jade).

The wine selection is all over the map as well. One wine that was in the top tier on the Jade, was on the bottom tier on the Star. The Cabernet selections sucked across the board. Some drinkable Malbec's, Zin's Merlot's and Red Blends choices. I can't speak for the white wines.

There will almost certainly be tables set up (in the Atrium, in the buffet, on the pool deck) on embarkation day where you can purchase beverage packages. I don't know if they all do Viva Vino, but if not, they will tell you where you need to go. Don't bother with Guest Services.

• 1 month later...

We did purchase this on the first day of our cruise. My DH had to ask around to find where to get it. We have gone ahead and chosen the UBP on our next 3 reservations with NCL. I like to enjoy my wine on my balcony so we will see how this works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a side question does this package have champagne in them can you buy a separate bottle if so when or can you bring a bottle and just pay the $15. I usually get the drink package and stick with that but one friend who is traveling with us is celebrating her birthday we think so we were going to get the birthday package and someone suggested a bottle or two of champagne nothing fancy or expensive but a good tasting one that would be shared one time then back to beer mixed drinks and wine Thank You Sam The Cat

As a side question does this package have champagne in them can you buy a separate bottle if so when or can you bring a bottle and just pay the $15.
No champagne, but usually some cheaper sparkling wine (see the list just posted). But the minimum number of bottles with this package is 4, so in your case it sounds like you're better off carrying on one or two bottles and paying the corkage, or buying one or two bottles on board with the UBP discount of 40%.

Hawk

Sorry I am not using your full name but I am on a page with just me. Thanks for the info I was not sure if you could bring champagne on with you. Think this is what I will do and buy a Vino package so we can have wine with dinner