NCL Spirit post Dry Dock

FSNA5861

'The breakfast buffet was the same every day'. I would like to ask what else you could possibly have for breakfast? There was so much choice I thought.

Thanks for your impressions HCF. Very glad to hear there seem to be new mattresses, and that everything is clean. And thanks for the heads up about the power socket - we will bring a power strip so that we can plug 3 things into the one plug. I guess on any cruise there are pros and cons and things that are great and things that aren't. If overall things are good with a few minor annoyances, I'll be happy.

I have been on 6 cruises on Celebrity and RCI, and have to say that the breakfast buffet on all of them was pretty much the same every day, but saying that, there was so much choice! In my kitchen at home there is toast, or cereal, or on a very good day maybe eggs :p. On any cruise ship even though there were the same choices each day, there were so many choices! Most people tend to have similar things for breakfast every day anyway. For dinner we have the 4 night package in the specialty restaurants, so all good there. As long as I'm not cooking or washing up I'm happy too. :D

I'm on the 12 March sailing but have never sailed on Spirit before. Happy to investigate and post my findings here so let me have some tasks.

Thanks so much - happy to give you some tasks :p. I'd love to hear your impressions when you return. As the post dry dock information is not so relevant apparently, I would love to know the following:

- what entertainment there is (I know there are 3 production shows, but what they have in the theatre on the other nights),

- what time you sail into the various ports so that I can make sure to be up on deck for sail in.

- Also how soon after the docking time stated in the itinerary you can actually disembark the ship. Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks so much - happy to give you some tasks :p. I'd love to hear your impressions when you return. As the post dry dock information is not so relevant apparently, I would love to know the following:

- what entertainment there is (I know there are 3 production shows, but what they have in the theatre on the other nights),

- what time you sail into the various ports so that I can make sure to be up on deck for sail in.

- Also how soon after the docking time stated in the itinerary you can actually disembark the ship. Have a wonderful cruise!

I'm afraid that Number34 won't be able to help you with the questions about the ports, as the Spirit is still going out of Barcelona at the moment (I'd imagine they are going to the Canaries), whereas I believe you are going from Venice.

I can say that Spirit embarkation is usually pretty quick after arrival in port. The only time we had any wait at all was when arrival time was early afternoon, so most people were waiting to get off. You shouldn't have any trouble.

Edit: I just checked the itineraries, in case you were each doing the Grand Med in different directions, It seems that you are doing Venice-Barcelona (a great itinerary, by the way) whilst the March 12th trip is indeed to the Canaries.

I'm on the 12 March sailing but have never sailed on Spirit before. Happy to investigate and post my findings here so let me have some tasks.

Hi Number34,52511334, I would love to see pictures of the menus from any of the restaurants and the bars. I'd also be interested to know what some of the sea day (fee extra) actives are such as mixology class, other classes, tours, lectures, etc.

Thanks,,

Teri

I'm afraid that Number34 won't be able to help you with the questions about the ports, as the Spirit is still going out of Barcelona at the moment (I'd imagine they are going to the Canaries), whereas I believe you are going from Venice.

I can say that Spirit embarkation is usually pretty quick after arrival in port. The only time we had any wait at all was when arrival time was early afternoon, so most people were waiting to get off. You shouldn't have any trouble.

Edit: I just checked the itineraries, in case you were each doing the Grand Med in different directions, It seems that you are doing Venice-Barcelona (a great itinerary, by the way) whilst the March 12th trip is indeed to the Canaries.

Yes we are doing Venice - Barcelona, and definitely booked this cruise for the great itinerary. I have always wanted to sail out of Venice, although we sail at 11pm, but hopefully it will still be a beautiful sail out at night. I just had a quick look after your post, and yes, very different itinerary on 12 March. The port arrival times will be different, but really wanted to know if the itinerary says you dock at 8am in whatever port, is that pretty spot on and would 30 - 60 minutes before that time be right to watch sail in?

Yes we are doing Venice - Barcelona, and definitely booked this cruise for the great itinerary. I have always wanted to sail out of Venice, although we sail at 11pm, but hopefully it will still be a beautiful sail out at night. I just had a quick look after your post, and yes, very different itinerary on 12 March. The port arrival times will be different, but really wanted to know if the itinerary says you dock at 8am in whatever port, is that pretty spot on and would 30 - 60 minutes before that time be right to watch sail in?

The ship will actually dock a little while before the posted time, so people can leave at about that time.

Looking at your itinerary (which has changed quite a bit since I did it), the only two ports that I would say are particularly noteworthy when you sail in or out are Santorini and Dubrovnik. For both of those I would probably aim to be around an hour or so before the posted time.

Nothing particularly stands out about the rest, and I would say that 30-45 minutes would be fine if you want to watch as you sail in.

The ship will actually dock a little while before the posted time, so people can leave at about that time.

Looking at your itinerary (which has changed quite a bit since I did it), the only two ports that I would say are particularly noteworthy when you sail in or out are Santorini and Dubrovnik. For both of those I would probably aim to be around an hour or so before the posted time.

Nothing particularly stands out about the rest, and I would say that 30-45 minutes would be fine if you want to watch as you sail in.

Ok, I'll definitely take note of that. Both of those say 8am arrivals, so I'll be up on deck well before 7 with my coffee. Aaah... can't wait!

Would be great if you could let us know the show times and times of any evening quizzes. We enjoy taking part in these so will give us an idea what time to make our dinner reservations.

Have a wonderful trip

I too would love to know from anybody who sailed on the Spirit info about dining and entertainment/activities. We're sailing June 18 and I love thinking in advance about what I want to make sure to experience. I appreciate the tips about when to be on deck to see the scenery coming into port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Spirit now. Embarkation very smooth, no delays. Ship reminds me of the Sun, not too big and easy to get round. Our cabin, Leo Suite, very clean but some scuff marks on wall and peeling paint on window frame in shower. Have photos but they refuse to up load, not sure if ship wifi can cope. Son and daughter in balcony on deck 11, very clean and good bathroom set up.

Just finished lifeboat drill, amazing how many people manage to be late considering there are multiple announcements during the hour before!

Will take pictures of menus for main dining rooms, speciality ones are no different to those that are readily available on CC. Had lunch in Cagney and menu identical to the Haven on Epic.

On the Spirit now. Embarkation very smooth, no delays. Ship reminds me of the Sun, not too big and easy to get round. Our cabin, Leo Suite, very clean but some scuff marks on wall and peeling paint on window frame in shower. Have photos but they refuse to up load, not sure if ship wifi can cope. Son and daughter in balcony on deck 11, very clean and good bathroom set up.

Just finished lifeboat drill, amazing how many people manage to be late considering there are multiple announcements during the hour before!

Will take pictures of menus for main dining rooms, speciality ones are no different to those that are readily available on CC. Had lunch in Cagney and menu identical to the Haven on Epic.

Thank you very much. Will be on the Spirit for the very first time in May for 2 glorious weeks! Have been following this thread with interest. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the information.

I hear you about the lifeboat drill. I cannot understand why people are late.:evilsmile:

I heard that La Trattoria is still a cordoned section of Raffle Court for Dinner.

Can you tell us who is the Hotel Director?

Have you been able to notice upgrades as a result of the recent short drydock?

How is the Internet service?

Please keep us posted if you can.

Have a great cruise

Thanks for the information.

I hear you about the lifeboat drill. I cannot understand why people are late.:evilsmile:

I heard that La Trattoria is still a cordoned section of Raffle Court for Dinner.

Can you tell us who is the Hotel Director?

Have you been able to notice upgrades as a result of the recent short drydock?

How is the Internet service?

Please keep us posted if you can.

Have a great cruise

we've just been on :) no probs on our drill, La Trat is part of raffles, Armando Da Silva is HD, mostly new carpets in public areas also seating re-covered in galaxy, didn't use internet, posted my photo's here:-

(full photo album, dunno if it will link)

Would be great if you could let us know the show times and times of any evening quizzes. We enjoy taking part in these so will give us an idea what time to make our dinner reservations.

Have a wonderful trip

stardust 7:30 & 9:30 sudoku & crossword every morning, further quizzes late morning and early evening 5ish...... (times varied slightly daily)............ origami folding too daily............. all details in "freestyle daily" :D

hope this helps Mark & Joanne

I too would love to know from anybody who sailed on the Spirit info about dining and entertainment/activities. We're sailing June 18 and I love thinking in advance about what I want to make sure to experience. I appreciate the tips about when to be on deck to see the scenery coming into port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

stardust 7:30 & 9:30 sudoku & crossword every morning, further quizzes late morning and early evening 5ish...... (times varied slightly daily)............ origami folding too daily............. all details in "freestyle daily" :D some of our sunrises were overcast due to weather at this time of year, still we managed this though:-

(further photos in album)

stardust 7:30 & 9:30 sudoku & crossword every morning, further quizzes late morning and early evening 5ish...... (times varied slightly daily)............ origami folding too daily............. all details in "freestyle daily" :D

Thank you Mark and Joanne, hope you are having a wonderful trip. If you are able to post pictures of any of the dailies on your return it would be really appreciated :)

Thank you Mark and Joanne, hope you are having a wonderful trip. If you are able to post pictures of any of the dailies on your return it would be really appreciated :)

we dis-embarked on the 5th, so we've been back over a week now. haven't got dailies sorry :(......... if I'd known I would help you look up Mark Clownboy on FB & you should be able to see photo's album ship, destinations, weather etc.

Mark & Joanne

Many of these questions aren't really affected by the dry dock.

The theatre entertainment on the Spirit is very comparable to other NCL ships, outside the new mega ships. Magicians, song and dance stuff etc. There is a highlight show at the end of the week (which again is a fairly generic NCL concept I believe) which was called Elements. People rave about it.

The entertainment may have changed a little, but I wouldn't expect any big differences.

One other thing to remember is that the Spirit does some very varied itineraries, so schedules will change significantly from one cruise to the next.