Just got off the Liberty today

estherhead

I'm just 9 days out from my Liberty cruise and your review has me really looking forward to it! I'm glad to see that there is a BBQ venue over the Lido Buffet -- the Splendor had this, too, and I really liked it (and there was hardly anyone in there on embarkation day)!

This will be my first cruise with Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana. Can you tell me whether they're open for lunch on the port days? I plan to stay on the ship (I've done the Bahamas multiple times; this is just a nice little getaway for me).

I also love playing trivia, so I'm looking forward to joining in on some games!

TIA!!

I'm just 9 days out from my Liberty cruise and your review has me really looking forward to it! I'm glad to see that there is a BBQ venue over the Lido Buffet -- the Splendor had this, too, and I really liked it (and there was hardly anyone in there on embarkation day)!

This will be my first cruise with Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana. Can you tell me whether they're open for lunch on the port days? I plan to stay on the ship (I've done the Bahamas multiple times; this is just a nice little getaway for me).

I also love playing trivia, so I'm looking forward to joining in on some games!

TIA!!

Guy's is open on port days and generally stayed open until 5:00 p.m.

Blue Iguana was also open on port days but sadly closed every day by 2:30 so it was sometimes tricky to get there in time.

Thanks to RKACruiser for the additional comments. Not liking Guy's fries took me off guard. We really did love them. I love spicy fries so maybe that is it. They always seemed perfectly cooked and flavorful. And thanks so much for the comments on Diamond's and Room Service. Because of being in charge of kids and a group I didn't get a chance to do either.

We sailed the Liberty Jan. 15 & we got our sail & sign cards at check-in.

The port of call for Freeport is much better than it used to be. We weren't going to get off the ship because we were expecting the industrial area that used to be there. Now it's lots of shops & food options. We had really tasty conch fritters there.

Weather was hot!

We sailed the Liberty Jan. 15 & we got our sail & sign cards at check-in.

The port of call for Freeport is much better than it used to be. We weren't going to get off the ship because we were expecting the industrial area that used to be there. Now it's lots of shops & food options. We had really tasty conch fritters there.

Weather was hot!

My experience with the Freeport port of call was the same as yours without the conch fritters. (Now wish I had bought some.) But, my Rum Punch at Senor Frog's was great!

I was quite surprised with the development that has taken place next to the pier. It really is a delightful area to spend some time and to "shop and people watch". The attitude of the citizens in the businesses was welcoming, helpful, and friendly.

Thank you for your POSITIVE review! We're sailing the Liberty on 2/26, with a 3yr old and 13yr old.

I just read that your sister did the Seuss at Sea breakfast - overall, did she enjoy it? It's on our list (for my 3yr old) and I'm excited about, but rarely read comments about it anywhere.

And how was the weather overall - warm enough to get some color? I've read that the beaches will be chilly, but still hoping for warmth!

My husband & I went to the Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast. We have no kids, but we are definitely kids at heart. The $5 charge is well worth the character interaction & the themed decorations. I made shirts for us that said "Da Kine 1" & "Da Kine 2" - they looked great in our pictures with the Cat In the Hat. Thing 1 & Thing 2 so come around to each table for pictures. Photo ops are plentiful. I can go into further details with the pics that I took from this cruise. My husband is also Vegan & were able to request special food items, so if there is anything that isn't 100% to your liking on the colorful menu, you can certainly make arrangements to get something else. They were very attentive to our needs and made sure everything was correct. It wasn't very crowded and the vibe was just right, not rushed, but fun. I've been to Disney Character meals where there is so many people it feels overwhelmingly rushed. I can't imagine any young at heart person, or child not enjoying themselves.

Hi estherhead! Just curious if you got your Sail and Sign card at check-in, or if Liberty is one of the ships putting them in a "mailbox" at your cabin door? Thanks!

For this cruise (Feb 2) we also received our sign & sail cards at the terminal when we checked in.

My husband & I went to the Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast. We have no kids, but we are definitely kids at heart. The $5 charge is well worth the character interaction & the themed decorations. I made shirts for us that said "Da Kine 1" & "Da Kine 2" - they looked great in our pictures with the Cat In the Hat. Thing 1 & Thing 2 so come around to each table for pictures. Photo ops are plentiful. I can go into further details with the pics that I took from this cruise. My husband is also Vegan & were able to request special food items, so if there is anything that isn't 100% to your liking on the colorful menu, you can certainly make arrangements to get something else. They were very attentive to our needs and made sure everything was correct. It wasn't very crowded and the vibe was just right, not rushed, but fun. I've been to Disney Character meals where there is so many people it feels overwhelmingly rushed. I can't imagine any young at heart person, or child not enjoying themselves.

I appreciate your post! I wish I had attended. I thought it was only for families with children. I enjoyed the Towel Animal Theater and probably would have enjoyed this as well. Oh well, another reason for another cruise?

I saved all the Fun Times & I can post them. Just have to figure the best method, anyone have suggestions?

you can download them to google dropbox and post the link to that or just upload the pics here. i'd be happy to give you my email if you can email them to me

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for all the great info. We are sailing on Sept 2nd (surprising my husband with a trip for his 50th birthday and it will be his 1st cruise....if I can keep my mouth shut until then! LOL)

I booked the Steakhouse for his actual birthday night. Did you enjoy it? Was it worth spending the extra? Also I am pretty much leaning towards purchasing the alcohol package because we like our tropical drinks at the pool and wines with dinner. Do you think it's worth it? Thanks!

Thank you so much for all the great info. We are sailing on Sept 2nd (surprising my husband with a trip for his 50th birthday and it will be his 1st cruise....if I can keep my mouth shut until then! LOL)

I booked the Steakhouse for his actual birthday night. Did you enjoy it? Was it worth spending the extra? Also I am pretty much leaning towards purchasing the alcohol package because we like our tropical drinks at the pool and wines with dinner. Do you think it's worth it? Thanks!

From my experience at patronizing the Steakhouse on 3 of Carnival's ships, it is worth the extra money paid. Service and ambiance is better than Holland America's Pinnacle Grills, I think. I did not purchase any beverage package. Be aware, if your husband's special dinner is on the first night or the first Gala night, a free bottle of wine or 50% off any bottle of wine on the Wine List is available for Steakhouse patrons.

I am just saying our very first trip on carnival we booked the steakhouse and it was absolutely fabulous! I have not booked it since then but I think I will for our anniversary which coincidently is also Sept 2nd :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you tell me about medications? Should I take them in the prescription bottles or may I take them in pill box with just enough for the trip? Also a question on parking. I have seen that the closest lot is not rated very well and time will be of the essence which they seem at times to have a problem with but the one across the inlet has better reviews can you give me you perspective on this issue?

Can you tell me about medications? Should I take them in the prescription bottles or may I take them in pill box with just enough for the trip? Also a question on parking. I have seen that the closest lot is not rated very well and time will be of the essence which they seem at times to have a problem with but the one across the inlet has better reviews can you give me you perspective on this issue?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! This is an extraordinarily informative site.

It is always the best idea to take prescription medicines in their original bottles when one travels. Even having a doctor's written prescription for them is often recommended.

I parked at the Port and cannot provide any advice on other parking companies in the area.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! This is an extraordinarily informative site.

It is always the best idea to take prescription medicines in their original bottles when one travels. Even having a doctor's written prescription for them is often recommended.

I parked at the Port and cannot provide any advice on other parking companies in the area.

Thank you for your response. I had thought that taking the bottle would be best, just cumbersome. I don't have written prescriptions since the pharmacy keeps those. I have prepaid parking at the Port, since it seems to be easier access to the terminal. It has been years since I took a cruise, this is my anxiety ridden daughter's first cruise and she has many quetions.

For those who have recently sailed out of PC, did Carnival enforce the check-in times? I've read that Carnival enforces them (too early, you don't get in), but also that it's more port dependent and that PC doesn't care. I seriously doubt we'll be early, but I'd like to know.

JaedensMimi,

Ask away! I will help answer your questions if I am able to do so.

You may have answered this but I did not see it. How long does it take for them to get your luggage to your room. Since we will be having carry on with can drinks etc I want to be able to get into the room as soon as possible. Also, when visiting Freeport, where does Carnival dock? At the Freeport Cruise Port or at Port Lucaya? If at the first, are there markets there? If not are there taxis for transport and are they as prevalent as they are in Nassau? I know I have more questions, but my mind is a bit sluggish this morning. Thank you.