Does Millennium have US 110V outlets?

Brucemcdou

Sorry to be posting this, but a friend who cruises Celebrity more than we do insists that Millennium (but not the other Millennium-class ships) does not have US-style 110V outlets, but only has European 220V outlets. We haven't been on Millennium since 2001, and that was in our pre-iPod, digital camera, cell phone and laptop-toting days so we wouldn't have had any electronics to plug in.

I've searched these boards and there are lots of general statements that all M-class ships have US 110V outlets, but I've seen no statement specific to Millennium.

Can someone put my mind at ease for our cruise next week?:confused: :o

Thanks in advance!!

We were on Millie in the Med. in May:

Electrical outlets were geared toward the US system of 120V (or 110 - whatever)....and there was one outlet in the bathroom (or perhaps it was one of the two outlest located on the vanity in the cabin), I do believe, that was for the European 220V - think that's the same as in all M class ships (certainly for Summit and Infinity).

I plugged in my cell phone charger, my camera battery charger, and my curling irons. I always bring an electrical strip outlet and plug that one "extension" into one of the outlets at the vanity in the cabin. That way it's always convenient when I want to charge something or plug in both curling irons - when not in use, I just stow it in the vanity (the one in the cabin - not in the bathroom).

Only time I needed European plug converter was during our stays in Barcelona and in Venice - the hotels had the European systems. However, it nearly always possible to get a "converter" from the front desk. I always carry my own when traveling in Europe.

But to answer your question: you are okay with the electrical system on Millie. Have a great cruise!

Thanks, PoohBear, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'm not sure why my friend was so convinced about this.

We'll definitely be posting about the TA when we're back. You may not be aware that our cruise has been delayed by two days as the shipyard where the drydock was scheduled immediately before the cruise, in Marseilles, went bankrupt. As a result they had to sail to a drydock in Spain, three days away (and then get back...). They cancelled port stops in Marseilles and Rome as a result, so now we're only stopping in Villefranche, Malaga, and Tenerife. Celebrity has offered all guests hotel accomodations for the two days in Barcelona, plus a partial refund on the cruise price plus some on-board credit. Putting aside the stress of the last-minute change in plans, we're looking forward to some extra time to explore in Barcelona and to the (shortened) cruise.

Am I right that your 2006 TA is 16 days and includes several extra stops? I'm sure you'll have a good time - we love being on ANY Celebrity ship no matter where it's going.

And thanks for the plug info!

I've sailed Millinium 4 times and can confirm that they have both 220V (contintal european two prong plug) and 120 V (US Standard two prong with ground) in every room. In addition as newtoo pointed out they also have a low voltage shaver socket in the bathroom.

They also have both voltage in all staterooms on Mercury and Constellation. My presumption would be this is the stanard of Cellebrity.

Jim

Archived