Internet Cafe

surebeatssailing

Can anyone tell me if there is an internet cafe on the Westerdam where you

can use the ships computers after purchasing an internet package. Are the

price lists in your cabin?

Thanks

Yes in the Explorations Cafe next to the Crows Nest on the Observations Deck, Starboard side. They usually have someone manning the PC's. Not sure if there are price lists in cabin but for sure in the Cafe or check HAL's site. Sometimes they run specials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ship's internet cafe is the Explorations Cafe in the Crow's Nest. I haven't been on the W'dam in a decade, but there are usually about a dozen computers there. I don't recall ever seeing a price list in a cabin, but there will be signs in the E-Cafe.

There may not be anyone there to help you set up an account, but it's pretty simple to follow the instructions that you will see.

Edited by jtl513

We have been on the Westerdam quite a few times -- most recently 10 months ago.

The Librarian was only on duty for a few hours a day and she told us that after our cruise her job was being eliminated.

We have not had anyone helping in the computer area -- that position was eliminated as well some time ago.

There is a list of prices usually on at the computers or on the desk where the librarian used to be as well on the desk where the computer tech worked.

A friend on the Westerdam right now says they have the packages now that relate to how you use the internet--social media, emails and more, or higher bandwidth type. Thinking I've heard about this elsewhere and it's not minute based.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There should be a price list posted in the Library area near the Crows Nest (Deck 10 forward). Internet prices are also available when you first login to your computer. You will see the options when you complete registration:

IMG_1205.jpg

Prices and packages will show on the computer when you log in and you choose one of them as others have said BUT the last two times we were on the Westerdam there was a price list in our cabin with all the packages and prices listed. The last two times we were on Westerdam offered unlimited internet packages ;).