Annoyed with Royal Caribbean

BillOh

Its been more than 600 days since I found a great deal on a Southern Caribbean cruise. I will be traveling with my non diving wife and another non diving couple. I will only get to dive once. After much research, some here, I decided I wanted to dive in Bonaire.

Not much happened because we have been very busy and I won't bore you with details, but the other couple found an excursion they wanted to do in Bonaire and they picked a 1pm time. I figured its now time to schedule my dive. Under the circumstances of limited time and non divers, I started my search on Royal's site, and much to my surprise they have no dive offerings in Bonaire. I have never seen this in any other port offering in the Caribbean. I ended up booking a shore dive with VIP Diving.

Bill,

I understand your frustration. It can certainly be simplest to book through the cruise line. However, in this case they've (unknowingly) done you a huge favor by "forcing" you to book independently.

I'm not typically a fan of shore dives, but VIP on Bonaire is quite the exception. You will find they take care of everything, and make for a totally pleasant, and stress-free day.

One tip: If you don't have your nitrox certification already, try to get it before the cruise. If you're certified, you get nitrox included with the price of the dives there.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

My private dives have been much better than Royal but I thought under the circumstances it might be easier on this one. Fortunately, I found one with pier pick up and drop off. I'll report back in May.