MSC strikes again

RosieRoo

The thread is not really helpful to anyone. Good luck to those who get upgraded and are happy with it!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

I think this thread is very helpful. While all Lines reserve the right to switch cabins, it appears that MSC actually does flip cabins much more often than others. I suspect it has to do with the systems between countries not syncing properly. Perhaps it's a language issue between departments also. Regardless, cc members should be aware to check their cabin assignment more diligently when selecting MSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original post was about MSC taking away a booked cabin and replacing it with a guarantee. As such it was helpful to me to read other people's experiences with this since I had never had it happen to me in over 60 previous cruises on other cruise lines. Luckily MSC resolved the issue and it's good to know that they were willing to do the right thing.

Good to know they did the right thing. We just booked our first cruise with MSC.

So by your logic it would be OK to upgrade someone from say Fantastical to Yacht club but not give them the same benefits as other YC guests ?

Dave ............... I read a post recently by someone who'd been upgraded to YC who said that they were told if they wanted the perks they'd be required to pay £35 pppd IIRC. From what I can remember, they didn't say what perks were being withheld.