MSC strikes again

RosieRoo

Rosie ... My guess is that 10087 was already booked but whoever you booked with made a mistake and took your booking, at some point MSC realised they had double booked the cabin and as you were likely the second person booking the cabin they have put you as a Guarantee for that or another angled cabin on the ship, but as I say this is only a guess as to what could have happened.

What date in December ? I could check the UK site for you.

You may be lucky and be offered an upgrade to Aurea or even the YC ... :)

Edited by sidari

I've just received my e-documents for an upcoming cruise on Fantasia and discovered that I've been upgraded from a Fantastica (B2) to an Aurea (B3) balcony which I'm delighted with because (a) it gives me Anytime dining and (b) I had reservations about the cabin I'd originally chosen. Yes .... I know I don't get the other perks but the cabin position is great - on the hump - and I won't have to queue to see the maitreD' to beg a 2-top table. This is the first time I've ever been moved before from a cabin I'd chosen. I did receive an upgrade on a cruise last year, but that was after reluctantly accepting a 'Guarantee' balcony booking which my TA encouraged me to go with as she reckoned I'd do well out of it - she was right!

I'll be checking in with my bookings online in the future, now that I've experienced the same thing as RosieRoo!

I made the booking on January12th for a sailing in December 2017 and chose my cabin (an angled balcony) 10087. I made my deposit and got the confirmation from MSC with the cabin number listed. When I logged into my MSC to check another one of my bookings I decided to make sure they were all correct. When I looked at the booking for this cruise it no longer showed my cabin number, it said guarantee. That's when I called MSC to find out what happened. No one notified me. If I had not looked at my MSC account I never would have known. Imagine showing up at the pier to find out you have a totally different cabin than the one you booked.

LOL My friends had this problem with Princess. Big family went on vacation booked 4 cabins in raw . In port they been "upgraded" for cabins allover the ship)))

I've just received my e-documents for an upcoming cruise on Fantasia and discovered that I've been upgraded from a Fantastica (B2) to an Aurea (B3) balcony which I'm delighted with because (a) it gives me Anytime dining and (b) I had reservations about the cabin I'd originally chosen.

Nice upgrade Bea, congrats. :D

Enjoy

Thanks, Connie .............. it was a nice surprise and has certainly added to the anticipation.

I sympathise with RosieRoo, though, who's cabin change has done the opposite.

I sympathise with RosieRoo as well and don't understand how this keeps happening. I wonder if that's the reason some TA's refuse to offer MSC cruises. I've got a wee problem as well, not as severe as Rosie's. If they don't fix it soon I'll just cancel it ... I know that's not an option for some though.

Just spoke to the lady at MSC who handles my cruise bookings. She was all apologies and said she has no idea why they took my cabin away and neither does her supervisor. She has promised to get some answers and try to get my cabin back. I was actually getting ready to cancel a couple of my upcoming cruises, but I am going to wait and see how MSC handles this. I'm hoping they will step up and make things right.

Bea ... There will be hell to pay if ours changed, being the top priced Aurea suite there is very little they could do to upgrade us other than a cabin in the YC, right now all those cabins are sold out. The smelly stuff would certainly hit the fan seeing as we booked way back in 2015.

Bea ... There will be hell to pay if ours changed, being the top priced Aurea suite there is very little they could do to upgrade us other than a cabin in the YC, right now all those cabins are sold out. The smelly stuff would certainly hit the fan seeing as we booked way back in 2015.

Hopefully it won't happen, Dave. It's usually bookings in lower end cabins getting bumped up to facilitate sales. I reckon Aurea cabins weren't selling well on my upcoming. I can't even say when I got upgraded as I hadn't been checking 'My Bookings'.

Best of luck, RosieRoo ................. I hope it gets sorted.

Rosie ... When we make our bookings depending on cabin we usually ask that a note is added that we do not want an upgrade, I know this is a little different to your booking but may well be worth considering doing for any future bookings.

No Upgrade is just a request, NOT a guarantee. It means you will be moved to the bottom of your category if an upgrade is needed for yield management. If everyone in a cat marks no upgrade? No one is no upgrade...

You can always request your cabin back if it has not been assigned.

Bea ... Most of the Aurea suites are sold along with the Aurea balconies, I doubt MSC want to jeapordise the inaugural sailing on the 23rd December by having irate passengers, after all this is their big gamble to make large steps into the North American market with this ship.

While no upgrade may be a request it has been honoured on three of our MSC cruises so far, on the other one we booked a guarantee inside and got upgraded to outside.

Rosie ... When we make our bookings depending on cabin we usually ask that a note is added that we do not want an upgrade, I know this is a little different to your booking but may well be worth considering doing for any future bookings.

For every cruise lines, we have always notated that in our profile.

Can they change your cabin once it's paid in full? I've paid our Inside YC (16012) last week, it's now zero balance, on Meraviglia in June .

They can "upgrade" me to a balcony if they want[emoji6]

Which port are you picking up Meraviglia? We are going out of Naples on 6/26. Roll calls are difficult for MSC Cruises.

Of the (3) cabins we booked for Meraviglia, we had one inside, one oceanview and one balcony.

The oceanview was upgraded to a balcony bella. The other 2 cabins remained in the original category booking YET the inside cabin got moved to another level in which we booked!

If memory serves correctly' date=' per their website, they can change your cabin all the way up to the day of departure.[/quote']The US website says "The Company reserves the right to transfer the Passenger from one cabin to another and may adjust the Fare accordingly." And the brochure says "MSC Cruises also reserves the right to change your stateroom at anytime. New assigned stateroom will be of equal or better value."

In other words, strictly speaking, it could even happen in the middle of your cruise. With some fares they specifically warn that this is a possibility. For example the "Smart Deals" in the German market: "Ein eventueller Kabinenwechsel während der Fahrt ist vorbehalten." [We reserve the right to change your cabin during the trip.]