MSC strikes again

RosieRoo

So, I booked a cruise on the Divina for December 2017 directly with MSC. I picked out my cabin, made the deposit and received the confirmation showing the cabin number. Yesterday, I go on MSC's website and log in only to find that my assigned cabin is now missing and I have a guarantee. I emailed the lady at MSC and asked what happened and she tells me she doesn't know, she'll have to ask her supervisor and get back to me.

Now I've seen posts here about people getting their cabins changed or being upgraded, but I've never seen where they've taken your cabin away and put you in a guarantee. There's still plenty of cabins showing available in my category, so it just doesn't make sense.

Edited by RosieRoo

It's hard to tell without speaking to MSC directly because I find that they don't show all available cabins on any website.

I've found that you can see the available cabins like this:

Do a mock booking for the type of cabin you want. When you get to the cabin selection, You'll see this:

msca-20170205-085955.jpg

Pick "Change Stateroom and you'll see this:

mscb-20170205-085450.jpg

Select any deck level and you'll see a color-coded map that shows available vs booked cabins

Hope this helps,

Brian

What "experience" did you book? I believe that can sometimes come into play, as far as cabin reassignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked the B2 and had a confirmed cabin assignment. Now all of a sudden it's a B2 guarantee.

Yes, but was it Bella, Fantastica, Aurea?

It was the Fantastica balcony category. I had booked one of the cabins on the angle with the larger balcony and had a confirmation with the cabin #10087 listed. When I looked on the MSC website they had changed it to a Fantastica balcony guarantee. No one at MSC can explain to me why they took my cabin away or why I wasn't notified. It wasn't a handicapped cabin, or a quad, and it wasn't like they upgraded me because they didn't give me a new cabin. Basically they said "oh we've never seen that happen before, but your cabin is no longer available you'll have to choose another one". Not too happy with them at the moment.

If they could move you out of your stateroom of choice, why can't they do the same for whomever booked the same stateroom after* you booked?

*assuming that the stateroom was given to someone else after you booked. There is a possibility that someone had booked that stateroom before you did but because of a glitch, you were allowed to book the same stateroom after them.

RosieRoo posted it was a B2 which is a now-defunct listing

B1 is now Bella

B2 is now Fantastica

B3 is now Aurea

Ah, I was not aware that was how it was designated. I asked because it was my understanding that Bella did not necessarily have the option to choose their cabin.

Same happened to us. We booked 3 cabins on the new ship, Meragivilia. All 3 cabins were selected to be near one another. Now we have one on deck 8, 10 and 12. I called them and there is nothing that can be done because all inside, oceanview cabins are sold out, and the balcony bella and fantastica as well.

ugh.

Same happened to us. We booked 3 cabins on the new ship, Meragivilia. All 3 cabins were selected to be near one another. Now we have one on deck 8, 10 and 12. I called them and there is nothing that can be done because all inside, oceanview cabins are sold out, and the balcony bella and fantastica as well.

ugh.

I understand your frustration. I have five upcoming bookings with MSC that I am now reconsidering. Two of them are in aft balconies on the new Seaside. Obviously I chose those cabins for a reason. Not a very good feeling to know they can take away your cabin at will and not even notify you.

Rosie ... When we make our bookings depending on cabin we usually ask that a note is added that we do not want an upgrade, I know this is a little different to your booking but may well be worth considering doing for any future bookings.

The same thing happened to us on the 12-23 seaside. Had 2 nice 14th floor one balcony one Interior. Booked almost 1.5 years in advance. Logged in over Christmas and we had been moved to the 10th floor. They had no explanation. But your original rooms are not available. Not happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Rosie ... When we make our bookings depending on cabin we usually ask that a note is added that we do not want an upgrade, I know this is a little different to your booking but may well be worth considering doing for any future bookings.

You may be able to ask for no upgrade, but I was told by MSC that you can't ask not to be moved.

Considering all the others that have chimed in with the same issues, seems to be a common problem with them. So, although some of these sailings are "great deals", I guess you get what you pay for service wise.

On the original Divina T.A we booked an Aft cabin and asked not to be moved, a note was added to our booking, we sailed in our Aft cabin. Sounds more to me like someone made a mistake and refuses to own up to it.

When did everyone find out their rooms had been moved? Before or after the total amount of the cruise was due? I am also booked on an aft suite on the seaside and I definitely would not want a room change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When did everyone find out their rooms had been moved? Before or after the total amount of the cruise was due? I am also booked on an aft suite on the seaside and I definitely would not want a room change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I made the booking on January12th for a sailing in December 2017 and chose my cabin (an angled balcony) 10087. I made my deposit and got the confirmation from MSC with the cabin number listed. When I logged into my MSC to check another one of my bookings I decided to make sure they were all correct. When I looked at the booking for this cruise it no longer showed my cabin number, it said guarantee. That's when I called MSC to find out what happened. No one notified me. If I had not looked at my MSC account I never would have known. Imagine showing up at the pier to find out you have a totally different cabin than the one you booked.