Recent Info for Voom on Navigator?

DrDani226

I did a search, but was not successful in finding recent information regarding Internet speeds on Navigator. Threads from this past summer indicated that streaming, videos, etc., was not possible on Navigator. Is this still the case? Thanks!

Anyone know if you cancel a pre-cruise internet package Cruise Planner purchase while onboard? In case the speed is not satisfactory?

Yes, that has been reported by previous cruisers (and it doesn't matter how/when you bought the package).

I assume it is the same on the Mariner of the Seas as it is an older ship? I bought in advance the internet package which talks of streaming video and a fast connection in my cruise planner. This seems like false advertising and I will certainly seek a refund on board.

I assume it is the same on the Mariner of the Seas as it is an older ship? I bought in advance the internet package which talks of streaming video and a fast connection in my cruise planner. This seems like false advertising and I will certainly seek a refund on board.

Correct, Mariner has not been upgraded to the faster O3b system.

Yes, that has been reported by previous cruisers (and it doesn't matter how/when you bought the package).

Do they issue OBC or refund back to your CC? I assume they pro-rate it based on when you ask for the cancellation.

Correct, Mariner has not been upgraded to the faster O3b system.

It is amazing that RCCL advertises that VOOM has been rolled out fleet wide (on their website and in press releases). Until I read the boards I assumed my cruise would have high speed internet that was usable (and this was actually a factor in me choosing RCCL). At least when I sail NCL I know the internet will be barely functional, but everything I read on RCCL indicated very fast internet fleet wide.

It is amazing that RCCL advertises that VOOM has been rolled out fleet wide (on their website and in press releases).

VOOM is fleetwide - it is simply an RCI marketing term for internet on the ship. And in some cases, it works as advertised on the ship. Stream can be fast (all relative) even on a non-O3B equipped ship (4 Mbps down - plenty to stream an HD movie) but with the dropping of prices and increasing number of users, it is becoming more difficult to use reliably with good performance.

We didn't have a problem with our internet onboard when we sailed 1/20-1/29. We had an interior promenade stateroom which may have helped though. We were able to stream videos as well as regular browsing.

Excellent - thank you. Sounds like I'll just have to find a good spot when I need to get online;)