Carnival Vista Revew 01/28/2017 - 02/05/2017. Feel free to ask questions.

Sensenigr

Thank you for your west coast perspective review.

I've noticed a difference in style and approach to east coast reviews.

We're from NorCal cruising the Vista in Nov '17 and July '18, both 8-day cruises.

Your review has some great pointers and insight. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are welcome and I wish you two awesome upcoming cruises!

Thank you for the great information - we have the same itinerary in August. Do you happen to recall what night they served lobster in the mdr?

I want to make a steakhouse reservation but I will be in serious trouble with my son if I happen to pick lobster night. Thank you!

There were a total of 12 Ziplines on this course. Many times you landed on a platform and you started the next line on the same platform. Other times you had to walk to the next platform. I would say it took about 1 hour from the start of the first zip line to the end. The only line we waited in was for the first line, and the staff made it move very quickly from that point forward.

The Zipline did take pictures and they were relatively good. They were reasonable and were only $10 each. The tour description states that there are no cameras allowed; however, once we arrived we learned that pictures and video were allowed. I would recommend a GoPro if you have one; however, we did not.

Thanks so much! Cant wait to sail on Vista!

Thank you for the great information - we have the same itinerary in August. Do you happen to recall what night they served lobster in the mdr?

I want to make a steakhouse reservation but I will be in serious trouble with my son if I happen to pick lobster night. Thank you!

For us Lobster night was the first formal night, which was the second night of our eight night cruise.

Awesome review. We are celebrating many milestones in 2018 on this itinerary! You have only whetted my appetite! Can you give any insight on the chef table menu? Also was the ziplining through Carnival as well? Thanks!

The Ziplining excursion was done through Carnival.

As far as the Chef's Table, YUM! I imagine it could possibly change from time to time; however, some of the dishes we had included (but not limited to)

Spring Pea Matcha Soup

Pork Belly & Shrimp

Slow cooked crispy Lamb

Olive Oil poached Seabass

Veal with crushed green apple

....And so much more!

Exciting! The countdown is on! There is a lifeboat overhead (as with most cove balconies); however, I think maybe about 4 cabins to the right (about 2304) there is an opening.

Yes! We are so excited! It's my sister's first time cruising so we're having a lunch meeting to go over everything. Thanks for the info about the cabin!