Breakaway Wi-Fi ?

uneamie

Do I have to buy wifi to use my IPAD on board? I need to be able to email home to check up on a relative. Don't really need a ton of data just need to connect to my email. So do I have to buy wifi time for that? I am confused because I see some post mentioning "free wifi" all over the ship.

The "free" wi-fi you may be reading about is one of the options for the "free-at-sea" promotion, which is a 250 minute/1000MB plan that can be added for free to your booking if you booked when the promotion was going on.

Otherwise, you have to pay to use the wi-fi onboard. You can buy a 300mb package for $60 or pay per mb (something like $0.50 per MB), which if you are just using the internet for email, may be the most economical option for you.

Do I have to buy wifi to use my IPAD on board? I need to be able to email home to check up on a relative. Don't really need a ton of data just need to connect to my email. So do I have to buy wifi time for that? I am confused because I see some post mentioning "free wifi" all over the ship.

You pay for wifi. On the BA you pay by the MB. You need to be careful you are not getting a lot of big emails (pictures, documents, etc). Otherwise set up a temp email for when you are on the ship.