RC Harmony or Equinox

NancyC

Trying to decide between these two ships. I have never done a Celebrity S class. I have done RC Oasis class. Any thoughts from cruisers who can compare these classes?

We are regular Celebrity cruisers just off the Oasis, we have cruised Equinox twice. In my humble opinion....

Celebrity wins for food, rest and relaxation and general calm ambiance.

Royal Caribbean for entertainment, things to do and liveliness.

All depends on what is important to you....

Went on Allure once - never again! Love Equinox (see my signature) and have been on her a lot. Equinox is our favorite Celebrity ship. Allure was WAY too big with way too many people! Everything on Allure had to be scheduled and you lost the feeling of being on a ship and seeing the ocean. Just my two cents. :)

I have sailed on Equinox in Med and on the Harmony Inaugural Southampton to Barcelona cruise last year.

I'd also say that Celebrity wins on food and quiet ambience. Harmony wins hands down on entertainment although ironically you may find this stressful as it requires quite a lot of planning!

Harmony is a destination in itself whereas Equinox offers a more classical cruise experience. The sheer size of Harmony makes for a very different experience, less personal although we did enjoy the Diamond club and also had very good service. How do the itineraries compare?

Went on Allure once - never again! Love Equinox (see my signature) and have been on her a lot. Equinox is our favorite Celebrity ship. Allure was WAY too big with way too many people! Everything on Allure had to be scheduled and you lost the feeling of being on a ship and seeing the ocean. Just my two cents. :)

I haven't sailed on a Solstice class ship yet, but did spend 13 days on Harmony in October. Our first time on Oasis class, and although there were things about the cruise we liked, we didn't care for the ship. It's just too big. Sure it has a Central Park and a Board Walk, but we also missed the feeling of being on a ship.

Trying to decide between these two ships. I have never done a Celebrity S class. I have done RC Oasis class. Any thoughts from cruisers who can compare these classes?

We have done both classes of ships and although celebrity is my favourite line I adored the oasis class ship. The shows were amazing and there is so much choice, we wanted to try harmony when it was in Europe however the prices were just too high. If you like entertainment I would go for RC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going on Equinox in April for the 1st time. Been on Silhouette and Summit...what cabins have u stayed in on Equinox?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Going on Equinox in April for the 1st time. Been on Silhouette and Summit...what cabins have u stayed in on Equinox?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We have stayed in a regular balcony, Conceriege Class (balcony with a few additional perks) and our favorite - Aqua Class. Wanda

We are regular Celebrity cruisers just off the Oasis, we have cruised Equinox twice. In my humble opinion....

Celebrity wins for food, rest and relaxation and general calm ambiance.

Royal Caribbean for entertainment, things to do and liveliness.

All depends on what is important to you....

I have sailed on Equinox in Med and on the Harmony Inaugural Southampton to Barcelona cruise last year.

I'd also say that Celebrity wins on food and quiet ambience. Harmony wins hands down on entertainment although ironically you may find this stressful as it requires quite a lot of planning!

Harmony is a destination in itself whereas Equinox offers a more classical cruise experience. The sheer size of Harmony makes for a very different experience, less personal although we did enjoy the Diamond club and also had very good service. How do the itineraries compare?

I have to agree with you both. OP, it depends what you want from the cruise. Oasis class ships are the destination - all singing and dancing. S class ships are more about relaxing and enjoying the cruising side of the adventure ;).