Alternate Dinner Options if We Miss Dinner--Anthem

Thanks! :)

Must be really set up different indeed. What makes Harmony and Allure

so different in the solarium cafe versus twin sister Oasis? I know they

call it solarium "bistro" cafe on Oasis. Layout and offerings?

First off, there is a space on Harmony, Allure, Oasis & Anthem called Solarium Bistro.

Complimentary breakfast and lunch are served in all four.

At night, Allure's becomes Samba specialty restaurant. On Oasis it is still called Solarium Bistro but was always a specialty restaurant with a specialty restaurant charge. The menu was supposedly "more healthful" and includes bison, as Ken wrote.

On Anthem and Harmony it is complimentary with 3 optional upcharge entrees and supposedly requires reservations but I often just walked in. It has self-serve appetizer buffet, salads and desserts. Your waiter serves only your entree.

:)

We've always enjoyed dinner in the Windjammer. We go there, on purpose, for dinner at least once per cruise and if we're doing a B2B we often go the entire second week. It's quiet (believe it or not) and there are often specialty stations set up and the food is upgraded from lunch. It's also very fast to eat, or you can take your time if you want.

You can also go to the MDR for just dessert after if you want or pick from the many desserts they have in the WJ.

If you know you're going to be late and not make it you should tell your waiter or the host at the door. Also, you can ask them if you can do MTD for just that one night and they may be OK with that if they have room.

Tom

First off, there is a space on Harmony, Allure, Oasis & Anthem called Solarium Bistro.

Complimentary breakfast and lunch are served in all four.

At night, Allure's becomes Samba specialty restaurant. On Oasis it is still called Solarium Bistro but was always a specialty restaurant with a specialty restaurant charge. The menu was supposedly "more healthful" and includes bison, as Ken wrote.

On Anthem and Harmony it is complimentary with 3 optional upcharge entrees and supposedly requires reservations but I often just walked in. It has self-serve appetizer buffet, salads and desserts. Your waiter serves only your entree.

:)

Thanks! I can always count on you as a wonderful information source! Have not been on

Harmony and Allure yet, and appreciate the explanation! :) The same...yet different. ;)

I do love going to Solarium Bistro on Oasis for breakfast. Much quieter, and great view!

Was also the perfect choice for the naturally hectic boarding day lunch.

There is a good chance you will be able to change your iFly reservation once you board. You may be able to do this as easily as changing it using the Royal app, or you may have to do it from your stateroom TV or elsewhere on the ship. Just a heads up about Solarium Bistro. I don't know if anything has changed with dinner there since they got rid of dynamic dining. But, we ate there in October and would not bother eating there again. The salad and buffet style bar was not anything very appealing and the food was not as good as in the other restaurants. You would probably do better at the Windjammer if you couldn't or chose not to eat in the MDR.