Overview of 15 day hawaii cruise star princess

Arwen

Great review... and thank you for the vid of the Ocean Centre tour. That is one must do for us. I guess we will just have to make due with only 90 minutes...

Could you answer a few questions as I will be on this cruise April 2018.

Can you get dropped off in town after the tour or will we need to take a taxi to go shopping and to Bubba Gumps?

What other tours did you do on the other islands? I really look forward to hearing what you did.

Thank you again

Yes, the guide/driver for the Maui Ocean Tour indeed offers that option.

I was quite excited to finally be able to shop in one of the "ABC" Stores. :-)

Hubby just checked looking at a map and figuring the distance that Bubba Gump's is about a four block walk, north of where you get dropped off

Start on Front Street and walk north four or five blocks to Bubba Gump's.

I will post a quick overview of our other excursions within a few days.

We were on this cruise too and agree that Captain Tuvo was a real gem. His attitude was definitely reflected by his crew. The crew was beyond excellent. Even the passengers seemed to adopt his relaxed and happy attitude - even though we had some rough seas and less than ideal weather. Our bed was fine (mini-suite on Dolphin). No problem with water temp. We did notice that it got a little stuffy in the cabin the middle of the night. Had a couple times where the toilet would flush on about a 5 minute delay - but we mentioned it to our Steward and he had the plumber check it out.

We truly enjoyed the ship mostly because of the Captain and crew. We enjoyed our time on the islands too. Did Ricky's tour in Hilo, took a taxi to Diamond Head (hike to top was definitely worth it!), then to Pearl Harbor (launches to Memorial were canceled because of wind), had a private tour in Kauai, booked a whale watch from the dock in Maui, then did a ships tour in Ensenada to the wineries. Last time we rented cars everywhere and ran ourselves ragged - this time we just enjoyed our experiences.

• 4 months later...
Is there a Hawaiian dress night on this itinerary?

For me & some other passengers that was every night. ;)

I skimmed through my Patters but unlike on previous Hawaii cruises didn't notice a Hawaiian deck party. As I recall that previously began around 9:00 PM before the 11:00 PM departure from Honolulu. Elua regularly performs Hawaiian music on Lido deck so some nights were Hawaiian themed.

For me & some other passengers that was every night. ;)

I skimmed through my Patters but unlike on previous Hawaii cruises didn't notice a Hawaiian deck party. As I recall that previously began around 9:00 PM before the 11:00 PM departure from Honolulu. Elua regularly performs Hawaiian music on Lido deck so some nights were Hawaiian themed.

Thanks.

I wear my aloha shirts multiple times on Hawaii cruises. In fact, I'm usually wearing one when I board. Of course, I also wear an aloha shirt on boarding day when taking California Coastal cruises and Mexico cruises. It is not outside the realm of possibility that I will wear one when I board for our Alaska cruise in September.

One of the great things about them is that you can pull them out of the washing machine, let them dry on a hanger and wear them with no ironing. Very cool on cruises for us lowlies who pay for or do our own laundry. ;p

Back in my working days I accummulated a collection of nice aloha shirts. Prior to my first business trip there, the local rep told me, very sternly, "Do not bring any ties."

Formal business dress for men in Hawaii was an aloha shirt, a pair of slacks and nice leather shoes. When I saw what was going on I thought, "Wow, this casual dress is cool." Then, however, I realized that this was correct business dress. The rules were different, but they were still pretty strict.

In the last year of my business trips to HI, it was apparent that, like everywhere else, the rules were relaxing. I did see short sleeve sport shirts starting to appear--at least, among managers and staff who were not customer facing.

Now, if the original question was asking about grass skirts and coconut bras, then I have no comment. :o

Now, if the original question was asking about grass skirts and coconut bras, then I have no comment. :o

LOL!

DH has a few Aloha shirts. No grass skirts and coconuts for me --but maybe a new dress is in order! (y)