Oasis of the Seas dining

funfam12

We are frequent Disney Cruise Line clients and have sailed Carnival twice. We are doing the Oasis in April and it will be our first sailing on RCI. I have read and heard that the main dining room is just ok on the Oasis. We booked the 3 nights of specialty dining but now I'm thinking we should book more. We aren't mega foodies but enjoy good food. Thoughts?

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app

We are also past Disney Cruisers about to take our first cruise on Oasis if the Seas. I've looked through the menus and I have to say they only look ok. We've also booked the 3 night package and are hoping to do Giovanni's, Chops and Sabor. We've booked My Time Dining reservations in the Main Dining Room for nights 3, 5 and 7 which seemed the best options for us. Although night 7 only looks ok. And we will try the buffet the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can probably just walk into Sabor. If you have My Time Dining for the main dining room (MDR), you can walk up too, but I would still recommend making a reservation for the MDR.

All other Specialty restaurants, you will need reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The specialty restaurants are "nice" but certainly not a "foodie" destination. When we were on Oasis, the MDR was more than fine. Our waiter was stellar, the food quality was great for what it is, etc. We had no complaints at all and I have a lot of experience dining at high end restaurants. If I'm looking for a special "foodie" experience, I'm certainly not doing it on a cruise ship and the specialty restaurants offer a little better experience than MDR, but it's just that, a little better experience.

We are also past Disney Cruisers about to take our first cruise on Oasis if the Seas. I've looked through the menus and I have to say they only look ok. We've also booked the 3 night package and are hoping to do Giovanni's, Chops and Sabor. We've booked My Time Dining reservations in the Main Dining Room for nights 3, 5 and 7 which seemed the best options for us. Although night 7 only looks ok. And we will try the buffet the other night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we will be doing oasis in October ,where did you see the menu