Request to change out canapés for cheese and crackers... any suggestions?

DaisyFire

What exactly do the canapés consist of? Thanks....I am vegan so I am assuming a no go for me. Maybe hubby would like them. If they could bring hummus with some carrots & celery they would work for me. :)

You may be very happy with them then... many folks have posted complaints on other threads that all they give you are some hummus and veggies :D

Seriously though - on our 5 day cruise in March, we got canapes delivered about 3 days out of the 5 and one day was hummus, olives, and pita chips, and another was some type of red pepper spread, nuts and crackers. I can't remember the third one. None of it was bad, and we all ate it with our wine on the balcony (we had three cabins in a row and collect all the trays for a party of sorts).

At this point, I'm just going to play it by ear. I may ask our room attendant if cheese and crackers are possible - or I may just do the room service or Ocean View options to stay flexible - 14 days of cheese and crackers might get old after a while anyway. :)

SaveSave

You may be very happy with them then... many folks have posted complaints on other threads that all they give you are some hummus and veggies :D

Seriously though - on our 5 day cruise in March, we got canapes delivered about 3 days out of the 5 and one day was hummus, olives, and pita chips, and another was some type of red pepper spread, nuts and crackers. I can't remember the third one. None of it was bad, and we all ate it with our wine on the balcony (we had three cabins in a row and collect all the trays for a party of sorts).

At this point, I'm just going to play it by ear. I may ask our room attendant if cheese and crackers are possible - or I may just do the room service or Ocean View options to stay flexible - 14 days of cheese and crackers might get old after a while anyway. :)

SaveSave

Thanks....I guess we will play it by ear and see how it goes. A fruit plate would be a great option as well. :)

What exactly do the canapés consist of? Thanks....I am vegan so I am assuming a no go for me. Maybe hubby would like them. If they could bring hummus with some carrots & celery they would work for me. :)

First, on Summit we told our attendant to bring the canapes to our cabin whether we were there or not. Prior to our asking to substitute cheese & crackers, the offerings were very peculiar. We actually had a bit of fun over them. Each day there was some kind of bite size sandwich wit unidentifiable mush filling OR some kind of chip, a smattering of nuts, and a couple blobs of schmutz. Once they brought the schmutz but no crackers or chip or cutlery to eat it with. The only option was to use your finger and scoop if off the plate. That's when we asked for the cheese and crackers:) Still nice little perk to have.

We have always asked for a fruit and cheese platter instead of the canopies and have never been denied this request. As others have posted, it is usually a small variety of cheese, some dried or fresh fruit and saltines. There have been times when a different variety of cracker was brought, but we also did as a previous poster stated and took crackers from the buffet to keep in the room. Problem with this and especially on a humid cruise, the crackers can go stale fairly quickly so try to keep them as dry as possible. This time we will be in a suite so it will be a different experience for us. We do enjoy having the small cheese tray for when we are relaxing on the balcony or getting ready to go out. Hope it works for you this time.

We always carry ziplock baggies in various sizes with us.I've even carried an x-tra large one in case I got a plate from the buffet to carry thing back to the room, slid the plate into the ziplock so that it was kept "sanitary" while on the elevator or hallways. I've put crackers in a zip lock and it keeps them fresh, just like at home.

Thanks....I guess we will play it by ear and see how it goes. A fruit plate would be a great option as well. :)

Or just call room service and order a fruit plate, or a cheese plate, or both, whenever you want them.

We always carry ziplock baggies in various sizes with us.I've even carried an x-tra large one in case I got a plate from the buffet to carry thing back to the room, slid the plate into the ziplock so that it was kept "sanitary" while on the elevator or hallways. I've put crackers in a zip lock and it keeps them fresh, just like at home.

Are u allowed to take the crackers on islands?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We just got off Eclipse Sunday from a C2. The first afternoon, our stateroom attendant asked if we wanted the afternoon canapés. We said no, nor did we need the fruit. I can't eat most of it, and that there was plenty of fruit at the buffet.

We book C2 for the foot stools and shoe shine service.

We just got off Eclipse Sunday from a C2. The first afternoon, our stateroom attendant asked if we wanted the afternoon canapés. We said no, nor did we need the fruit. I can't eat most of it, and that there was plenty of fruit at the buffet.We book C2 for the foot stools and shoe shine service.

Ditto, but I don't use the shoe shine :) When we first started sailing we'd get them but soon started to realize that 1) we were not in the cabin when they were delivered and sitting out made them even less appetizing or 2) on our way back to the room we'd just pick up some cheese and crackers or fruit in the buffet or just use room service.

But it was fun the first few times until we realized we were just letting the food sit and it would go to waste. At least with the buffet or room service I would get what I wanted.