Westerdam cabins at the back of the ship vb7149 as example

brighton seagulls

I know there are pictures on halfacts. We toured one during a 16 day Panama Canal transit cruise in 2015. We did a cabin crawl with our roll call and I remember the members in the aft cabin loved it. I can't remember the specific deck though.

I've had a corner aft on deck 7. The balconies all across the back are deep. The cover extends about half way out, so you can get into the sun or avoid it. We were on deck 8 once and I think it was about the same as 7, but it's been a while so I'm not sure.

Farther down, deck 5 afts are the deepest and the most covered.

That is great ....is there any vibration or excess noise at the back of the ship?

I don't recall any vibration problems. Of course, if there's rough weather you will feel the motion more in an aft cabin. We've been on 8 only once, and had no noise issues, although some people have noticed sounds of deck chairs being dragged around.

Kathy

I don't recall any vibration problems. Of course, if there's rough weather you will feel the motion more in an aft cabin. We've been on 8 only once, and had no noise issues, although some people have noticed sounds of deck chairs being dragged around.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy. We have had that once where we were below the spa area on the celeb eclipse and they rearranged the furniture at 6 am every morning! We are aiming at deck 5 aft...they look decent balconies and we are great ones for sitting on the chairs until the very early hours!

Better get booking

Thanks again.

We stayed in that cabin for the Hawaii circle cruise in January. It was wonderful. No vibration. The deck is protected form the wind even when sailing. Biggest negative is sometimes smelling the smoke from the smokers on the aft Lido deck. Not enough to detract from the great room and location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have had 3 aft cabins, VB grade, on Vista class ships. One on the Oosterdam, deck 4, one on a Panama Canal cruise on deck 5 and a trans Atlantic on deck 5 on the Zuiderdam. The balconies are huge compared to the port & starboard sides of the decks, also the cabins are longer. Much more space between the bed and the sofa/desk. The views off the back of the ship are wonderful, especially going through the canal locks. We only experienced vibration during the mooring process when the Azipods were being maneuvered for steering and the props were out of sync. otherwise, no vibration. And, being on the lower decks, 4 & 5, we never saw any soot or ash from the stacks.

We had the corner aft NS on the Westerdam this last December. We loved it and will choose an aft cabin every time it's available. The motion is a little different , when you feel it all. More head to toe than side to side according to DH. Neither of us felt any vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums