Cancelled booking on X website?

jb008

I have a booking that I'm managing myself on the X website - how long does a cancelled booking remain listed on your reservations? Also based on past experience, about how long does it take for the deposit refund to be issued?

Thanks in advance!

I cancelled a reservation recently and the refund was on my credit card in 2 days. A cancelled booking will stay on your reservations unless you remove it for a long time.

Thanks - good to know. Now, how do I remove it?

Does your reservation have a red banner that says cancelled? If not, then it wasn't cancelled.

I tried cancelling a reservation online and though it seemed successful, the reservation continued to show up. To make sure, I called Celebrity and I was told that if the booking had been made onboard, then I would have to call and cancel. it was made onboard. So what I thought was cancelled, was not! Good thing I checked on it because we were near final payment. :eek:

Does your reservation have a red banner that says cancelled? If not, then it wasn't cancelled.

I tried cancelling a reservation online and though it seemed successful, the reservation continued to show up. To make sure, I called Celebrity and I was told that if the booking had been made onboard, then I would have to call and cancel. it was made onboard. So what I thought was cancelled, was not! Good thing I checked on it because we were near final payment. :eek:

Oh snap - that's my case then here 'cause these bookings were made on board. I imagine that's why I'm not seeing any confirmation they were cancelled and why I'm also not seeing a button to remove the reservation. Thanks for the cautionary note!!!

When looking at our Celebrity account online, we get different options available to us for a reservation depending on how it was initially made, and who has had access to modify it since it was made.

It can be easy to confuse the option to REMOVE RESERVATION with the option to CANCEL RESERVATION

or even with DELETE RESERVATION.

Unfortunately, Celebrity does not provide a good explanation of the differences between them, or why and when we get each of them.

Just to be sure that what you intended is what actually happened, it is a good idea to get an updated guest copy of your Celebrity invoice whenever you make any change to a reservation, or whenever you have someone else make a change for you.

Also, when looking at our account online, a cancelled reservation shows Cancelled along with the cancellation date on a red background,

instead of BOOKED on a green background.

Edited by varoo

a good idea to get an updated guest copy of your Celebrity invoice whenever you make any change to a reservation, or whenever you have someone else make a change for you.

If I have a booking made through a TA, is there a way for me to get updated guest copies myself without going through the TA?