I guess the Jones Act does not apply to crew or entertainers?

flagger

On our Rhapsody of the Seas cruise there was a comedian we saw who said he had boarded in Galveston but would be leaving the ship in Key West. I wonder since their had been no foreign port between the two, how did the Jones Act come into play or did it?

I believe there are different rules for "non paying guests" as far as immigrations, etc.

On one voyage, I was supposed to go to a special immigration for "non paying guests" (I was giving classes onboard) and it was fun because there were only a few people there, and Mark Preston of the Lettermen was right next to us in line and we got to chat him up. The regular crew did not have to go through this extra immigration.

I believe there are different rules for "non paying guests" as far as immigrations, etc.

On one voyage, I was supposed to go to a special immigration for "non paying guests" (I was giving classes onboard) and it was fun because there were only a few people there, and Mark Preston of the Lettermen was right next to us in line and we got to chat him up. The regular crew did not have to go through this extra immigration.

Lord, I am friggin' old................I LOVE the Lettermen! :D

Mark Preston was on our 6/5 Mariner cruise and he was great!!!

I've seen him (Mark Preston) twice, and he was great both times (Exactly same act, though.)

The first time I had seen him, was right after my nephew was killed in Iraq. I really didn't want to go on the cruise but I was committed to give classes so I went, and it was a very subdued week. Mr. Preston's concert has a patriotic finish, and I was just a puddle of tears over the loss of my nephew's young life, and this complicated situation the world is in now.

So when I knew Mark was going to onboard another of my cruises, I left him a note at the Purser's desk thanking him. We ended up meeting him at "non paying guest immigration" and then when I got back to my room, I also had a phone message from him, thanking me for my letter! So I touched base with him randomly, twice in a day!

Have also met the Coasters a couple time. They are VERY friendly guys, who seem to enjoy posing with a gal or two on their laps! ;)

Archived