Oasis Theater Show Cats

Poor you hope it's not as we lasted 45 minutes and that was like pulling teeth......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree we left at intermission. Probably would have left earlier if we didn't fall asleep in our seats.

When we go on our next Oasis cruise next year I'll be sure to skip it. Mama Mia on the Allure was sooo much better.

Bill

I loved every moment of it.

Then again I have season tickets to the opera and Broadway productions that come to a city close to me. There are people who pay to support the arts and there are those who prefer season tickets to sporting events. I have friends who are frequent cruisers but only for those "Legends of Rock" cruises or another set that only cruises for "new Kids on the Block" sailings.

Thankfully we're not all the same.

We saw it last month on Oasis. It was interesting as we had both seen it in Londons West End in the 80s separately. We were on a back to back but walked in on the matinee of our first week and got in easily. We loved it. It was as good as the original London production, the singing, dancing and costumes are spot on. You need to sit close up in the stalls to appreciate the costumes and makeup.

However, it's not an easy show to watch. It has no real story, it goes off in tangents and the dialogue gets lost a lot. There were many who left before or at the interval but those that stayed gave it a standing ovation.

I would recommend going to the matinee and then you haven't devoted a whole evening to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We saw it last month on Oasis. It was interesting as we had both seen it in Londons West End in the 80s separately. We were on a back to back but walked in on the matinee of our first week and got in easily. We loved it. It was as good as the original London production, the singing, dancing and costumes are spot on. You need to sit close up in the stalls to appreciate the costumes and makeup.

However, it's not an easy show to watch. It has no real story, it goes off in tangents and the dialogue gets lost a lot. There were many who left before or at the interval but those that stayed gave it a standing ovation.

I would recommend going to the matinee and then you haven't devoted a whole evening to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean leave New England in the middle of winter to go to the Caribbean and spend a whole sunny afternoon sitting inside?:eek:

No way CATS gets picked back up when the contract / run is up. It's a very different type of musical and not for everyone.

We've been going to musicals for 30 years and it's the hardest to sit through and, IMO, a terrible choice for the general cruise crowd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro