Oasis Theater Show Cats

I just found out the current Broadway show on Oasis is the full version of Cats. Does anyone know, or is there a way to find out if it will still be performed next Feb (2018)?

No way to know for sure, but I'd guess it will still be shown as shows generally stay around for years.

Poor you hope it's not as we lasted 45 minutes and that was like pulling teeth......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree....We love Broadway musicals and were disappointed when they took Hairspray off Oasis.

When Cats leaves Oasis......Oasis will go back on my list.

Allure has Mamma Mia.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The show is amazing. I have seen it in broadway, on tour and 3 times on Oasis. Yes it is long, but it is a full length musical - it is supposed to be :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too enjoyed Cats on Oasis. We saw Act 1 the first night of cruise and Act 2 a day or so later. Act 2 is much better than Act 1 in our opinion.

I think it depends on your age and gender for CATS. I am a musical lover..have seen tons thru the years.

First of all the production on Oasis is excellent..IMHO

I first saw CATS 30+ years ago at the Shubert in LA, I really didn't care for it because I was young and simply did not know the story line as the play is not easy to follow.

So first of all read up on the musical so you can follow it and it will be much more enjoyable.

So when we went on Oasis last Sept, I though Oh no...remembering my past experience...but it's included so might as well check it out.. Yes, it is true at the 2 performances I saw on my sailing on Oasis half the audience leaves at intermission....mostly men...just sayin'..... my DH sat thru the first performance but I saw the other alone...

Of course I knew the story line 30years plus later but my life experiences and older age really added to my enjoyment.

Did you know the actors that are selected for CATS need to be approved by "Webber's office" and they have a 6 month contract. Yes, they are all Broadway quality and it shows!!!!!!

Watching their bodies slink around the stage and costumes plus makeup is worth seeing the performance.

Edited by land lover

We too enjoyed Cats on Oasis. We saw Act 1 the first night of cruise and Act 2 a day or so later. Act 2 is much better than Act 1 in our opinion.

I hadn't thought about breaking it up into two nights. Might be an option.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also saw the two acts split up into two different performances. To see it all at once was just too long for me.

Act II is better....mainly because of "Memory"

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I also think act II is better but not because of that song. Memory is the only song I recognized but I actually liked it the least of the rest of the music.

CATS was soooooo bad. Don't get me wrong, talented cast, but it's boring - painful. And it's a running joke on CC - I'd venture that a large majority think it's awful.

That said, the other shows are great. The ice show was one of our favorites on any cruise. AquaTheater had a good show and Come Fly With Me was really entertaining too.

Cats may not be for everyone, but it is obviously very popular. If your a fan of big broadway musical productions I would recommend it. The cast and costumes are great. We toured backstage and met the cast. I was very impressed with the set, staff and the commitment RC has made to this show.

iydkj7.jpg

141kxup.jpg

I am assuming Cats is back up and running now. On our 1/22/17 cruise, the show (and Come Fly with Me) was canceled due to technical difficulties. Never had a chance to see it. :(

Though I have seen it on land.

Agree...we loved Hair Spray on Oasis.

I love Broadway shows, have attended many touring productions, along with several actually on Broadway. It figures, by the time we did our two Oasis class ship sailings, they switched out the shows to my two least favorite shows, Mama Mia (I don't like ABBA) and Cats (It just didn't seem to have a storyline, and to me having to do research beforehand destroys "surprise" element as a play unfolds).

First I love musicals. I liked Cats when I saw it in my youth in LA. I thought the performance on Oasis was FANTASTIC. It is 100% professional Broadway quality. The singing was fantastic. We sat in about the 3rd row on the right. The actors come in to the audience and they got very close to us several times. There were 6 in our group that night. One left at intermission (80 yo male) and the rest of us stayed to the end. The rest of us loved it, even the 18 yo male enjoyed it!

It's not heavy on plot and that is fine, I have seen other plays light on plot.

As for seeing them performers at other venues, those were really popular on our cruise. We could never get in as they were totally packed. That is a problem on Oasis, some venues are really small even for a normal sized ship, forget about one with that many passengers.

I think it depends on your age and gender for CATS. I am a musical lover..have seen tons thru the years.

First of all the production on Oasis is excellent..IMHO

I first saw CATS 30+ years ago at the Shubert in LA, I really didn't care for it because I was young and simply did not know the story line as the play is not easy to follow.

So first of all read up on the musical so you can follow it and it will be much more enjoyable.

So when we went on Oasis last Sept, I though Oh no...remembering my past experience...but it's included so might as well check it out.. Yes, it is true at the 2 performances I saw on my sailing on Oasis half the audience leaves at intermission....mostly men...just sayin'..... my DH sat thru the first performance but I saw the other alone...

Of course I knew the story line 30years plus later but my life experiences and older age really added to my enjoyment.

Did you know the actors that are selected for CATS need to be approved by "Webber's office" and they have a 6 month contract. Yes, they are all Broadway quality and it shows!!!!!!

Watching their bodies slink around the stage and costumes plus makeup is worth seeing the performance.

• 4 weeks later...