Divina - waterslide? ??

Reenie75

Just make sure that they are both old enough AND tall enough as they are very strict . It's on the same deck as the sports area

You mileage may vary. I'm currently sitting on the Divina. My 7 year old went on the slide yesterday, even though the age posted is 8. We didn't even have the paperwork signed before he went down the slide. It was while in port, and there was no one there, so the attendant certainly wasn't rushed.

The slide is terrible though. I've never seen such a slow waterslide. I started to video my son but gave up because it took him over a minute to come down. It was comically sad.

The same happened to the slide on the original TA crossing to Miami, we had great fun with about eight other people who had originally been watching me in particular get stuck inside the slide.

Seven of us including myself kept getting stuck in the slide due to lack of water, the only person who was able to go down with no issue was my other half, even two young kids around 9 years old got stuck on occasions.

Non of us could understand how she did it and despite more turns on the slide we still got stuck.

The issue was a failing water pump that was not putting out the required amount of water, it took them around three to four days to get it fixed but when they did fix it the slide was really good.

We were recently on the Divina and used the water slide on multiple days. No one in our party had any trouble with having to self-propel ourselves down the slide. One of my children is just barely old/tall enough to ride the slide and maybe weighs 50 pounds soaking wet. I think one of the "tricks" is to lay back on the slide. If you sit up, you will go slower.

Also, there is a waiver form that has to be signed by parents of all children under 18 before they are able to slide. One day, we saw a group of teens get denied access to the slide because their parents had not signed the form yet. They tried to say they were 18, but the attendant had a list.

We just got off Divina today. My husband is 6", 215# and he had no issues with slide at all and went on multiple times. Of course it's not a waterpark slide but it was fine for my 8 and 11 year old. We did have to sign for them to ride and they were given wrist bands. 8 years and 48" are the guidelines.

Thank you for all the replies...the youngest guy o hope doesn't get disappointed he's 5 and I know he'll want to go on. 🙁 I know it's not the fancy slide that some ships have I have cruised before but for my sister and the 3 boys this trip is affordable and the first. I'm sure between the pool and the small slide it will be good.

Thank you for all the replies...the youngest guy o hope doesn't get disappointed he's 5 and I know he'll want to go on. 🙁 I know it's not the fancy slide that some ships have I have cruised before but for my sister and the 3 boys this trip is affordable and the first. I'm sure between the pool and the small slide it will be good.

This is the perfect recipe for enjoying the Divina. It's nearly impossible to beat her in terms of price, and as a first time cruiser, nothing to compare it to :)! I think MSC gets a bad rap when those that have cruised other lines board MSC with the same expectations. After all, she is more affordable for a reason. Have a WONDERFUL trip, with your common sense attitude I'm sure you will :).