Just off the Regal 2/12-2/26......will try to answer any questions!

cruiseintoheaven

Welcome back, Lynn & Tom. You must be in quite a downer, after 2 weeks at sea. I hope to hear much more about your adventures from yourself and looking forward to seeing lots of photos from Ken. Did you do the stingray tour in Grand Cayman. If so, how was it.

Lloyd

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Welcome back, Lynn & Tom. You must be in quite a downer, after 2 weeks at sea. I hope to hear much more about your adventures from yourself and looking forward to seeing lots of photos from Ken. Did you do the stingray tour in Grand Cayman. If so, how was it.

Lloyd

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Lloyd - we did indeed do the stingray tour - no pictures to match the smooch you got, but you can bet Ken has and will post some from that day and others - some may be PG 13 - the rum punch was a bit strong - that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 😅

Yes Nicola Furla last week.

Disembarkation a breeze! We did self disembarkation, off ship around 6:30, baggage loaded in car and on I95 by 7:10 AM!

The Regal is just wonderful. We had Anytime Dining and arrived around 7:30 or so and had a short to no wait. The buffet continues to amaze me with quality and variety, and with service. I just love this ship!

No blue bags on our sailing, one pub lunch on last sea day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi lynn. A very silly question but I can't seem to find an answer! but is the international cafe free or is food and drink payable? Jane

Hi Jane, the offerings in the International Café are free. If you have the coffee card, you can use it across the way for gelato - 3 scoops = 1 specialty punch on the coffee card.

I think there is some confusion on this issue because on some ships the gelato is in the International Café, which requires the card punch or purchase if you don't have the card.

Yes Nicola Furla last week.

Disembarkation a breeze! We did self disembarkation, off ship around 6:30, baggage loaded in car and on I95 by 7:10 AM!

The Regal is just wonderful. We had Anytime Dining and arrived around 7:30 or so and had a short to no wait. The buffet continues to amaze me with quality and variety, and with service. I just love this ship!

No blue bags on our sailing, one pub lunch on last sea day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

this was interesting.....I noticed some stewards delivering the blue totes, and some not, didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Guessing if you want one, just ask. :)

Did you leave the ship in Montego Bay? I 've hired Reggae tours to take us around, I first thought of Hip strip but it seems like a long walk. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank You

I'll have to be honest and say Jamaica is probably our least favorite port and will likely be a sea day in the future. We did get off the boat in Mo Bay, but without a plan.....sometimes not having a plan is an awesome plan - this time it turned out to be a bad plan:). However - I did hear some positive comments from people that did organized tours or excursions, so as long as you do your homework you should be good to go!

Hi Lynn -Did you eat in the MDR for dinner? If so, did you do Anytime or Traditional? We were on the Regal last year and experienced the worst service in ATD than on any other Princess Cruise we'd been on. We are sailing again on the Regal on March 26th and for the first time are eating traditional, late seating. I was hoping that if we had the same wait staff every evening the service might be better but have been reading recent reviews complaining of the service even in the Traditional dining rooms. I'd be really interested in hearing your experience.

I'm looking forward to reading your full review -

Hi Lynn -Did you eat in the MDR for dinner? If so, did you do Anytime or Traditional? We were on the Regal last year and experienced the worst service in ATD than on any other Princess Cruise we'd been on. We are sailing again on the Regal on March 26th and for the first time are eating traditional, late seating. I was hoping that if we had the same wait staff every evening the service might be better but have been reading recent reviews complaining of the service even in the Traditional dining rooms. I'd be really interested in hearing your experience.

I'm looking forward to reading your full review -

Oh no, time for some more truth telling:).....we had made a commitment to go to the MDR at least every other night to manage portions/calories. We made it there once out of 14 nights - not a horribly impressive ratio. We did have anytime dining and the night we went (first formal night), it was fine - no complaints. We do tend to meet up with our group for drinks before dinner, so we do see the comings and goings of folks in the MDR - and compared to our previous sailings I don't recall seeing long lines of hungry pax....and as Sunsetbeachgal mentioned - they had good luck with ATD and showing up around 7:30. We wound up rotating between Alfredo's, the IC, the buffet and a dinner each at Sabbatinis and the Crown Grill, which is at least better than every night in the buffet! Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, time for some more truth telling:).....we had made a commitment to go to the MDR at least every other night to manage portions/calories. We made it there once out of 14 nights - not a horribly impressive ratio. We did have anytime dining and the night we went (first formal night), it was fine - no complaints. We do tend to meet up with our group for drinks before dinner, so we do see the comings and goings of folks in the MDR - and compared to our previous sailings I don't recall seeing long lines of hungry pax....and as Sunsetbeachgal mentioned - they had good luck with ATD and showing up around 7:30. We wound up rotating between Alfredo's, the IC, the buffet and a dinner each at Sabbatinis and the Crown Grill, which is at least better than every night in the buffet! Enjoy your cruise!

Ahhh! So that's your secret! We actually ate dinner in the buffet a couple of times last year which was a first for us but the ATD was so disappointing we finally just opted out. We did eat at Alfredo's and Crown Grill as well so we probably only made it to the MDR three times. We always eat around 8 so lines have never really been an issue - that's why I don't understand why the service was so poor. I'm really hoping for a different experience this year. :)

Ahhh! So that's your secret! We actually ate dinner in the buffet a couple of times last year which was a first for us but the ATD was so disappointing we finally just opted out. We did eat at Alfredo's and Crown Grill as well so we probably only made it to the MDR three times. We always eat around 8 so lines have never really been an issue - that's why I don't understand why the service was so poor. I'm really hoping for a different experience this year. :)

Well I'm optimistic that they have the quirks worked out and you'll enjoy your dining experience - regardless of the venue - happy sails! [emoji568]

Hi, we were on the Regal a few weeks before, and the Maitre D' changed half way through to a gentleman (who our head waiter told us had returned to Princess after a year or so out) called Nicola. A nice guy who hosted our Chefs table dinner, and used our names the 3 subsequent times he saw us around the ship thereafter - impressive!

We did the chef's dinner on the 2/19 cruise. There were 8 couples. He introduced us to three or four people and each time rattled off every couples names. I was very impressed. He was an extremely nice guy. Chef was as awesome...